The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Conditions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Hey everybody. I'm assuming that if you're reading this, you are heavy on card tricks! I was just playing w/ my cars a few seconds ago, (I had to put them down to type. It was a very sad moment)and I was curious. You see, my cards are bend downwards, longways. That is to say, they are bowed as if I'd done way way way to many curly Q moves and LePaul spreads (Which I have by the way Smile ) Now here's my question to you. Is there a certain way you like your cards to be bent, or do you like them as straight as can be. Do you like a downward or upward bow? Also, if one of my cards gets stepped on or something, and it's warped to the point it is findable no matter where it is, I'll rip it up and throw it away. I also can't stand working w/ a short card in the deck. (I'm afraid it will fall out, and it'll do that during Sybil work for sures.) So that's pretty much it, I just wanted to hear how all of you like your cards! (I prefer a slightly worn deck as well, with lots of pepper in it!) Smile Smile Smile Smile
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
It depends on what I am doing really. If I am performing and I want to make a good inpression I will use a brand new deck-(actually sleightly worn to make it easier to do certain flourishes. They say that the deck you practice with is the deck you should perform with. If you get good with a worn deck at something then try it with a bran d new deck, there are sometimes problems.
La magie, c'est ma vie
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I've got a vast graveyard of decks that have passed on. When I'm trying to learn something new, they really take a beating. Those poor cards hit the floor more than the Three Stooges. I've got a deck of blue bikes that are permantly encrusted with gum, hair and dirt. There's a colony of ants living on the 7 of clubs. And the queen of diamonds has a movie ticket stub stuck to it with congealed Mountain Dew.

I find that I like my cards the day AFTER I first get them. Not too slippery, but not too gunky. Kind of like a fresh set of guitar strings. You gotta break them in.

Maybe I should donate all of the decks to the Salvation army. They could insulate low cost housing with them, or something.

By the way, Jordini, I ordered to Tally-Ho's per your advice. They better be good, or I will make a voodoo doll of you out of Legos and snap the arms off!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Uh oh!! I better watch out then!! Actually, I'm not too worried. You will love your tally-ho's very much so's. Haha. Anyway, what kind didja order? Oh and don't worry about cards hitting the floor, it happens when you're learning new stuff. I practice over my bed when practicing arial cuts and stuff. That way they don't get too dinged up, and you don't have to bend over too much. DON"T donate your cards, whatever you do. Use them for tricks where you rip cards, or practice your card throwing. We should have a forum on that! I think we will. Go to the other card forum and that's where it will be. Anyway, what's the point? Oh, the point is that I still like to have my cards with their little bend, because it makes everything easier for me. HAHAH. Also, it's easier to root out upsidedown cards. Keep practicing everybody! C YAS! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Conditions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL