The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Card Magic of Nick Trost (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
And I totally respect that, Craig, Im the opposite. Id rather have a book than an Ipad any day. I guess that's what makes the world go round. Cheers!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I think making these gems available as PDFs makes it easier for people to share them around.

I also feel sorry for the people who paid full price for the original books (me being one) only to see them given away at half the price as a digital download. I think it devalues the material somewhat, firstly by charging less for it and secondly by widening the number of people who have the material. I saved hard to afford the books, now I wish I hadn't bothered and just waited for the cheap version.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
So it's about the content alone for you? perfectly alright, of course.
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
This is a special on sale at LLEPUB for 9.95 today and is a super deal. Hard cover versions are available on Amazon and other sites for 5 times or more that price.
130 pages
122 tricks
161 illustrations
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2018, PhilJake wrote:
This is a special on sale at LLEPUB for 9.95 today and is a super deal. Hard cover versions are available on Amazon and other sites for 5 times or more that price.
130 pages
122 tricks
161 illustrations

Go for the "hardcover versions"
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 19, 2012, Cameron Francis wrote:
This great book is now available as an instant download PDF from L&L!

http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......ts_id=13

For anyone who has it, what does this eBook PDF like? I'd love to see a sample page-spread to see what the quality is like.

Is the PDF basically just a manual scan, that looks like a photocopy of the book? Or is it a nice perfectly clean and straight digital copy?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Hi EndersGame,

I have both a printed copy of the book and a pdf.

I would have to say the pages were scanned, based on how the type looks. The scans are clean and straight. In general, the pdf looks better printed, than it does on screen.

Hope that helps.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
For sure this is a scan, it includes all the original illustrations. Keep in mind though that this scan was created by L and L the original publisher of the book. It is a professional scan. There are no ends of pages visible, no twisted pages from pressing down on the copy machine, no black margins, etc.
The only legit PDF copy is from LLepub.com: https://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=p......uhi6ued3
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
These are good scans but not great scans. I suspect they were made from the printed pages.,which were on a non-coated paper stock, rather than the original files. The type is somewhat bitten.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 13, 2012, brianmets5 wrote:
I just got the pleasure of getting The Card Magic of Nick Trost. Although it was published years ago I KNOW I will find some great material.
Do anyone have trick recommendations? I am really looking forward to the gambling tricks and coincidences sections.

Thanks for your help

Trick Cards
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
I agree with LobowolfXXX. I have compared "Trick-Kards" (p211) to a Brother Hamman twist effect that is more consistent in handling, and Trost's wins in the end. It uses regular cards and the cards turn face down one at a time to then change color on their faces and backs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Card Magic of Nick Trost (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL