The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle control angles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Whenever I read about the hindu shuffle control there never seems to be a discussion about angels. During the Hindu shuffle control there is a visible b***k between two packets that can be seen from both sides of the deck. From the front this is invisible, so is this control only meant to be done with a spectator standing right in front of you? I've heard some people mention that the motion of the cards would hide this fact, but in Card College you are taught to keep the right hand packet motionless, so the cards would just be exposed until the shuffle is completed. Am I missing something?

Thank you.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
When I use Hidu Shuffle Control, I turn right side of body towards audience and have spectator on my left select a card. The cards are tilted about 45 degree towards audience during shuffle. The break is kept mainly with right thumb.

BTW, keeping right hand motionless during shuffle looks very unnatural, at least for Japanese. It is like doing Over Hand Shuffle keeping right hand motionless.

Hideo Kato
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
It is possible to hold a break between two packets while having one long side of the pack look normal. That's the side towards the audience if you follow (as I do) Hideo's great advice (turn to your left that is). While the right thumb holds a tiny break on the other long side.

By the way: I keep my right hand still while I Hindu Shuffle.

mlippo
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Micromega: PM sent. Hope it helps!

SEY
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Both hands should be in motion in a "normal" Hindu Shuffle.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Certain types of movements are suspicious in one country and not in another. In most Asian countries, it's very common to see people shuffle cards in what we could call "The Hindu Shuffle", but only one hand moves and it's very, very quick. The first time I saw this I was surprised at how fast the hand moved. So I'm guessing that Hideo said what he said because in Japan, you'd want to approximate the legitimate way of shuffling cards in Japan. I think that's why Hideo said "at least in Japan". Now in regards to how to do it in America or other countries, I guess it's anybody's game and I agree with you that in this culture it makes the shuffle more deceptive. I guess what I'm saying is that this is probably a cultural issue...

SEY
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Also, don't make a move out of it. Casually execute it like it's a shuffle you normally use. Don't look at your hands and patter along to the spectators. This removes importance to the fact you're shuffling. After the trick, they'll remember that you shuffled the cards and lost the selected card.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Thanks very much everyone, this was most helpful. I'll give these suggestions a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hindu shuffle control angles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL