The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Twisting The Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Quote:
On 2004-03-01 19:30, themagicofjoseph wrote:
Adding some thread..tied about wrist and spiral it up your arm to elbow. After the twist...raise your sleeve to show your arm twisted.

This is on Mier Yedid's DVD
Spatula545
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Spatula545
If it's been revealed on public television, then can someone just tell me how to do it (I too have not learned this basic)? Email it to me at yizzlenprizzle@yahoo.com or Flashmagicproductions@yahoo.com

Thans.
12 pennies stacked equals the hight of a dime.
Junta
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Junta
A much more realistic sound and easy to conceal is nut shells taped to you knees. All you need to do is get on your knees, perform the trick and at the right time just apply a little pressure.
jeffry2000
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jeffry2000
I can actually twist my arm around, so I don't care. Start twisting small, and work up. Kinda hurts.
If the going gets tough, so do I...
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
My sister can really do this Smile . My buddy figured it out when Blaine did it. Great ideas about sound, guys!
I think Ellusionist has a DVD on this, to get back on subject.
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
It really looks very very strong when you do it with the hands hold straight out in the air in front of your chest, so that your fingers point to each other and the thumbs of boths hands down, palms are showing to the audience.

So a lot more people can see what you are doing and you don´t need a wall or table.

And what I like most:
You can do 3 seperate effects with just the one technique. (of course not in the same show)

Thomas
medains
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of medains
If you wear a sweatshirt with a tight(ish) cuff at the wrist, the material will twist wonderfully - I found this through happy coincidence whilst performing it for a work colleague.
jason0389
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jason0389
You can find a dvd and a booklet at penguinmagic.com
Sociomagi
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Sociomagi
Yes Penguin has it.

Peter Goode
Belief is the biggest step man can make!
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
My jaw pops very loud, which helps out alot... I just start acting like I'm in pain, and thrash my jaw about making a very convinging bone-popping sound.... it works everytime... I suppose you could also just stick something very crunchy in your mouth and bite down at the right moment...
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Four Jokers Magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Four Jokers Magician
I have trained for years and I really do it.!!
I don't know how you do it but I have spent many hours in the3 last couple of years stretcing and working my muscles I can literally rotate my hand 360 an 1 hlf degrees around. And then brake my arm after the twist(So it looks like to the spectator)and I wont say how I do that. It is absolutly discusting and I have had people have to leave the room when I do it. Im one of the only magicians that I know of that can lagitimitly do the arm twisting illusion (actualy its not an illusion)
My advice is if you are flexable enough work on holding your arm in acounter clockwise position for as long as you can stand it do it once every day, and don't hurt yourself.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
I have the trick of twisting arm illusion. But I am facing some problems to send you reply now. I hope I'll be able to mail you the trick in few days.

Can anybody tell me how can I add a bone crashing sound effect in the twisting arm illusion?
illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
Just thought I'd let you guys in on what I use for the sound effect after the twist. I use it during the finale of my street show performance and find that a short piece of plastic corrigated tubing(I believe it's used to protect wiring)Makes a perfect crunching sound. This is the same little noise making device that Mac King uses when he does the whole Neck cracking thing that he does. It works great after the twist as you tell everyone to listen and just at the peak of everyone quieting down, you reach up under your arm pit(where I usually rubber band my noise maker to my arm under my jacket) and bend it while wrenching my arm sharply downwards. I have some people go pale after hearing this and the response is great. I think you can find this stuff at Home Depot or any other electrical supply store.By rubber banding it to your arm you never have to "load" it and you end clean too.
Well, Hope that helps some of you.
Your friend in magic,
Illuzns
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
For the bone crashing sound, try putting an empty plastic water bottle under your arm (no cap) and applying pressure when needed. It's a great sound application to enhance the illusion.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Twisting The Arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL