The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn 2.0 question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 21:30, Zaprig1 wrote:
My gimmick actually began to oxidize and stained my bills after a couple of years. Stuck out like a sore thumb. I had to disassemble, sand it down, clear coat it, and remake my gimmick.

I have the first gimmick...not sure if that was improved on with 2.0, but just a forewarning to those that do.

You don't have to use the gimmick that came with EB 2. You can get a thin washer (various sizes) at Home Depot or any hardware store.
I'm considering using a magnetic disc next time I have to prepare another gimmick.
You can get one for $.43 at KJ Magnetics.
7/16" dia. x 1/32" thick
Nickel Plated
Axially Magnetized

I'm trying to see if I have a need for a magnet (besides a ditch).
Also if I do this I can't store the EB 2 near my credit cards.
Ihor
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This was without a doubt my best ever magic purchase from a gimmick perspective. Don't want to debate with the boys about the values of books. However this has never ended up in the magic drawer, always entertains and so much fun to do. Highly recommended.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Has anyone tried a washer to replace the gimmick?
I purchased this from the For Sale forum here on the Café and the seller conveniently did not include the gimmick, only the DVD. This of course was not stated in the listing.
But I figured a fender washer of the proper size would work fine but have not tried it yet.

Can anyone think of a reason the gimmick supplied would be superior?

Also, I am aware that they sell replacement gimmicks but they are $25.00 for 5 and if it's not necessary then I'd rather not spend more money on it.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 23:22, videoman wrote:
Has anyone tried a washer to replace the gimmick?
I purchased this from the For Sale forum here on the Café and the seller conveniently did not include the gimmick, only the DVD. This of course was not stated in the listing.
But I figured a fender washer of the proper size would work fine but have not tried it yet.

Can anyone think of a reason the gimmick supplied would be superior?

Also, I am aware that they sell replacement gimmicks but they are $25.00 for 5 and if it's not necessary then I'd rather not spend more money on it.

I have used washers and it is fine. You want to get the washer as thin as possible. I would recommend a lead washer.
A little browsing at Home Depot may be necessary but it is cheap.
I haven't tried it but someone recommended a razor blade. I'm not sure if the weight is sufficient.
Ihor
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I'm with you on this Rizzo! Mine is always handy in my wallet at the ready.

As for the gimmick, I wouldn't cheap out on this. The effect is too good, and supporting its creator should be a given, but if you need to fix your original, see my post above.

1) I really would advise against anything thicker than the EB gimmick which is very thin.
2) I really would advise against anything round.
3) I REALLY would advise against anything round WITH a hole in the center. Seems this would stick out like a turd in a punchbowl...
4) Richard tested different weights for a reason. This weight works perfectly!

As I mentioned, I have the first gimmick. To my surprise, it did oxidize (with LOTS of use and STAYS in my wallet), but that was an easy fix, and my $100s were due for a change out anyway.

I read that the new gimmicks are even thinner. I recommend going that route.

Good luck
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree the gimmick has been thoroughly road tested and works perfect.I would stick with the original.
Todd
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I very much appreciate all of your advice guys.
Bill
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
How often do you guys replace your bills? How do you know when to replace them? I'm sure this is a preference thing, but I sense that the spectators react better when the bills are newer, and the reactions seem to weaken as the bills age, almost as if they can see that something is amiss with the bills. But this might just be my imagination. Also, do you guys store them in a book as sanders suggests? Folded or open? I've just wondered about how other do this. Thanks, everybody!
MagicalAlex
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicalAlex
The gimmick can easily be replaced if there is a fault with every day objects. I have many bill changes and Extreme Burn 2.0 is the one I use the most. Yes, you can give out the bills for examination. But what makes a magician a good magician? The fact that he/she can create their own twist on the effect. I usually approach a group of people and borrow $1.00 from each of them. I then turn them into hundreds and hand them out for examination. Then I take it back and restart the effect!

Now is that Magical?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
For the do-it-yourselfers--I suggest that you don't. Richard Sanders has given an absolute gem to the community, and I am very happy to pay him for his work. EB 2.0 has closed the deal on numerous gigs for me, giving me ample payback for the original purchase and as many replacements as I ever need.

Seriously. Pay the creator.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Could it be that the size of the bills should dictate the necessary wieght and shape of the gimmick ? I only use Euros and the 2.0 gimmick. Never used Dollars but I have some and to me it looks like they need a lighter gimmick than Euros. Never tried though so I'm only guessing here.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I think the little micro difference's
in weight would not change anything.
Todd
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2014, frankieacemagic wrote:
How often do you guys replace your bills? How do you know when to replace them? I'm sure this is a preference thing, but I sense that the spectators react better when the bills are newer, and the reactions seem to weaken as the bills age, almost as if they can see that something is amiss with the bills. But this might just be my imagination. Also, do you guys store them in a book as sanders suggests? Folded or open? I've just wondered about how other do this. Thanks, everybody!

I have been using my bills for a while and they are worn but functional. I keep them is a small magnetic wallet in my pocket for easy access so they wear faster. However, I do not see a difference in reaction because they are worn or in typical condition; on the contrary newer bills could be viewed as suspect. Functionally the trick works with worn bills for me although with worn bills catching the "break is harder. Also I have been putting off redoing the gimmick as getting hold of decent $100 bills from the bank is harder, most of them are worn also.
calle225
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of calle225
Where can you buy this trick nowadays?
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, calle225 wrote:

google is your friend
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, calle225 wrote:

At almost any online magic shop.
Try Penguin.com
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn 2.0 question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL