The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Anybody else using Tool By David Stone? It is a great gimmick, fool myself sometimes. small issue with the way its packaged but you get two and they are an easy fix if needed. Kind of a 1 and done utility - you don't want to do two or three effets in a row with it
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I use Mark Mason's SOLO and it is pretty much the same and you get two gimmicks's with it,i mostly use it like tool tho and it is a knockout peice of kit I use it with many other combinations of tricks so with imagination can really get a lot from one deck of cards.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Used it a lot when it was released but then it ended up in a drawer.

I just recently realized it could be a nice phase in an ACR; return the card face up in the deck, put the deck on the table (or in a specs hand), cover with the box and the card returns (face up) to the top.

If you're not using your case for anything else, then why not just use it? Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do a wicked routine were they pick a card ,examine it, put it back in the deck, then I get my key's out and there is a small little gold coloured gun from a cludo set ,then I get them to hold the deck in from of me, then bang,they find there card with a dirty great big hole in it,they check the deck and its the only card with a hole in it.
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
I do the torn and restored card with the spectator keeping one corner. The card visable is restored and the corner the spectator holds matchs perfectly!
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 15:29, MerlH wrote:
I do the torn and restored card with the spectator keeping one corner. The card visable is restored and the corner the spectator holds matchs perfectly!

That's a cool trick , I have done torn and restored also,so much can be done with the gimmick,gotta say.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Im thinking of altering the effect by using a fully shimmed card and using 4 of the "other parts " in the corners of the card box, any ideas pro/con to this?

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
leolaurindo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of leolaurindo
TOOL IMHO is a very good, versatile and effective gimmick.
I use it for TnR, Card vanishes, color changing decks...
A good plot (which I didn't developed yet) would be some kind of Coin locating the selected card...
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Great tool and use it only when needed for a strong impossible effect

tr
reverse card
one thing is also to do reverse involving spectator, place spectaros card reverse covered by the tool card part gimmick, place on deck to cover, have spectaor hold their hand on it and remove the box, when they do things themselves its very powerful

one thing this gimmick can teach us, as obviosu as it is once you know, for the laymen they never guess, I think sometimes we are too hard on ourselves
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
One thing this gimmick can teach us, as obviosu as it is once you know, for the laymen they never guess, I think sometimes we are too hard on ourselves
[/quote]

agreed, look at the thumbtip, I was once worried about the skintone being a little off of my pasty white skin and the shop owner did a quick silk routine and asker if I noticed the thumbtip - I didn't, then he showed me it was chrome plated. It was all about angles misdirection and handling. Lesson learned

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tool (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL