The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card Magic - How Much Knowledge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
In order to do that, you have to resist the temptation to respond to posts.
You are constantly returning to the Café to tell everybody you're leaving, which makes you appear somewhat odd to say the least.
It appears you've done this on most of the magic forums.
Like I said though, you appear to have nothing really to say, and you can't hold a conversation, so it seems a pointless pursuit for you.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The problem Is that social media is that it is indeed social. These seem to be exactly the skills which so elude Glenn.

That along with a sense of irony and a sense of humor make it impossible to discuss anything.

You do know Glenn that a discussion has listening as a very important component ? Not just you blather on and everyone agree.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
As I said I am going to continue posting my thoughts on this in my blog...

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Another great trick to do that is also a swindle that I love doing is three card monte. I learned three card monte from Buddy Farnan and at a Dai Vernon Lecture.

I like it because it shows "skill" without exposing any moves. I end with the bent corner. And once and a while I do a pure sleight of had ending where I end up with three red cards. I love the routine because it is a routine I can do at the drop of a hat. Just three bent cards - and away you go.

However I often use it to close my gambling routine.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Jack Pyle used to use the second deal instead of a top change. I just posted about the second deal in my blog.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
This week on TCM there were two movies that featured 3 card monte. Honkey Tonk and the Flim Flam Man. Both also had some card-work besides three card monte. Card productions, card fans and the card spring were also in both movies before the game was shown and played on the screen.

And interesting show of skill before the swindle in a movie showed the audience that the person in the movie is an expert at what they do. However the real experts that did these moves were reported to be John Calvert in Honkey Tonk and Jay Ose in the Flim Flam Man.

However I feel that the "skill shown" in the way of card fans, card spreads, and card springs mixed in at the right time do benifit the performance.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did you post about any of this in your blog?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card Magic - How Much Knowledge (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL