The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » September MUM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
This months issue is really, really good.

Cover Story was a stand out and a very good read. Did not know about Mick until reading this. Not only an interesting life but he shared some outstanding tricks as well. Where does MUM find these hidden workers?

Tech Tricks...where does he find this stuff??

Dennis Loomis always has some interesting tidbits. I like the Himber Ring stuff.

Mental Breakdown by Christian Painter was very clever this month.

Rod Danilewicz had an very interesting take on the future of magic.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I should be receiving my issue this week Richard. I'm sure looking forward to it.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
I am trying to access the online version (i subscribed for the paperless option) but it seems impossible
After logging in, the download doesn't work
I sent thousand messages to the webmaster but.......deep silence....

Is this something that all the "paperless pals" found?

Thanks/Fabio
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
The following post from Bruce Kalver, S.A.M. technology chairman, will appear in my editor's column in the October issue of M-U-M. It should solve your log-in problems:

"When the S.A.M. switched over to the new website, all of your previous passwords were suppose to move over. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We now have a problem with members trying to get on and their password is not working. We do not know which ones are not working. We have a fix but we can't help you unless you write to us and tell us that your password doesn't work. Email your full name as it appears on your membership card and we will do the fix and write back to you. Send your request for help to Technology Chairman Bruce Kalver at SAMtalkBruce@cox.net and use PASSWORD PROBLEM in the Subject Line. Remember that we need your name as it appears on your card."
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Lemme get this straight. You have a problem with passwords not transferring over to the new system so members can't read the zine. That syiff happens and I know you are trying to improve the experience for everyone. And you identified the problem and have a solution.

But y'all plan to announce the solution in the zine. Which they can't read.

You might wanna send a postcard to the membership. Just sayin'...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Bruce Kalver's message will appear in the October issue of M-U-M, in both the print and the electronic versions (which are identical in content).

This information has also been posted on the S.A.M. Facebook page. I assume it will be posted somewhere on the S.A.M. website homepage.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 03:31, fagani wrote:
I am trying to access the online version (i subscribed for the paperless option) but it seems impossible
After logging in, the download doesn't work
I sent thousand messages to the webmaster but.......deep silence....

Is this something that all the "paperless pals" found?

Thanks/Fabio

I too have had the same problem and just gave up.... I could never access MUM online...I continued my membership anyway through the years.
Just received my renewal notice...... .I don't know will have to think about it, times being what they are.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:58, RichardShure wrote:
This months issue is really, really good.

Cover Story was a stand out and a very good read. Did not know about Mick until reading this. Not only an interesting life but he shared some outstanding tricks as well. Where does MUM find these hidden workers?

Many thanks to Richard for his warm comments. Also, my gratitude to Christian Painter for his attention to detail while writing the story and, of course, to Michael Close for deciding it belonged on the cover.

After all the years and all the shows, it is very, very nice to be noticed!

Warmest regards,
Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
hersheymagic
View Profile
Regular user
Harrisburg, PA
126 Posts

Profile of hersheymagic
Hey Mike,

What do I do if my September issue didn't arrive? I'm a life member and have been getting it no problem for the past few years.

Thanks,
Keith
Keith Hanshaw

http://smartphonecardtrick.com

SAM Life Member

Current IBM Member
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Give Manon, our National Administrator a call.

Mark
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To Richard Shure,

Thanks for your kind comments. I was lucky enought to be able to spend just a little time with Himber in May of 1961. We corresponded a bit afterwards. I wrote an article about our visit in the November 2011 issue. I was a kid of 17 and he was very kind to me. I know he was a big practical joker and played some fairly heavy pranks on his buddies. You'll have to talk to Harry Lorayne about that side of Himber.

The January 2013 issue of MUM will complete my series of articles and stories. And, Mike Close has chosen me to be the cover subject for that issue. It will complete a run of 49 straight months of assorted contributions to the Mag. Most have been my "A Magician Prepares" columns, but I've written several articles about Doug Henning, one on Charlie Reynolds, and one on the "Night Magic" show in Sacramento. I've enjoyed it very much and I doubt that I will quite writing about magic. In fact right now I am in the process of updating the articles on my website about Memorized Deck Magic. There are 22 of them and I've updated a grand total of 1! It's not on the site yet but will be soon.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I've been a member for quite some time....switched over to the paperless version a few years ago...no access...no response....
I did not renew my SAM membership.....It seems like a trend all over in our society....
No one cares after the sale....Sorry for the rant...just frustrated.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
So untrue, DavidPaul. Because of a minor glitch on the new website, some passwords were not able to be saved. They have been asking for anyone who has had any issue to contact them so they can fix it. Takes only a few moments. I'm sorry you didn't get that message. Please email revlakmagic@cox.net your name and member number, and the access will be fixed.

The SAM is comprised of mostly volunteers, and they are all dedicated to provide the best service and benefits.

Mark Weidhaas
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I was going to respond in a PM but since you felt it appropriate to publicly state that my post was "So untrue" I beg to differ Mark.
That was NOT my experience after trying to gain access to the magazine repeatedly with no help or response.
I'm impressed that you are able to know first hand what my experience was and to state that I'm a liar.
Thanks so much.

David Paul
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
My comment was directed to your comment "No one cares after the sale". I am very sorry you had difficulty contacting someone. The paperless membership was something I started as was the new website. It pains me to see the execution of the website did not go as expected for many of our paperless members.

If you are willing to still stay with the SAM, email me your info, and I will make sure it gets to the right people and gets fixed within 24 hours.

Mark Weidhaas, PNP
mweidhaas@yahoo.com
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
David, I don't believe anyone could get 'better customer service' than what Mark is offering you.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2012-11-18 02:39, weidhaas wrote:
My comment was directed to your comment "No one cares after the sale". I am very sorry you had difficulty contacting someone. The paperless membership was something I started as was the new website. It pains me to see the execution of the website did not go as expected for many of our paperless members.

If you are willing to still stay with the SAM, email me your info, and I will make sure it gets to the right people and gets fixed within 24 hours.

Mark Weidhaas, PNP
mweidhaas@yahoo.com

I wanted to jump back on this thread and mention that Mark did indeed follow through on my complaint ^. I was contacted..I did renew my membership, and have access to MUM. Very impressed with the ease to read the magazine on line....I realize being part of SAM is more than just the magazine. I was frustrated that my emails were not responded to but was assured that I was not forgotten but the emails were not received.
Thanks again Mark for taking care of me.
David Paul
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Hi David - I didn't connect your email to this post. Glad it worked out. Anyone else need help? ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » September MUM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL