The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Maven's book on the Principle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Anybody knows what is the state of this? He promised something would be out many years ago....
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Are you referring to the Gilbreath Principle? Word has it that Charlie Randall (the "R" in H&R) is currently working on a book with Norm Gilbreath, himself. No word on the Maven book, though.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Yes, I do refer to the GB book. Long awaited...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
"the principle"? there are at least a couple, and certainly more than one.

every indication is that Norman Gilbreath himself will have a substantial book this year/early next year.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Yeah, mine was kind of a funny way to refer to the Gilbreath principle, given the way Max himself refers to during his talks.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I think the apparently enduring thinking that Maven has some sort of "amazing" insight into the Gilbreath Principle is, according to all available evidence, vastly overstated.

A book by anybody of note on a subject not completely overwritten about is always welcome, but I find 90% of any conversation about Maven and the G.P. as unsubstantiated hype.

Gilbreath's is the book I look forward to reading on the subject matter.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Why? Max' applications of the GB are pretty clever...
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
So are the applications of Nick Trost, and great number of other authors.

Maven is well read, perhaps even one of the best read guys around, but my point is that his yet to be released book is classic vaporware.

When (and if) the Maven book comes out, perhaps I'll be forced to eat my words.
In the meantime, I prefer to avoid hype and deal with books long in print, and books with an excellent chance of being printed in the very near future.

Other than the occasional forum pundit asking what's happening with Mavens book, you never hear anything at all about it.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Maybe the book is "large" Smile
Fair enough!
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
It's just one guys opinion, and I could be completely wrong Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Maven's book on the Principle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL