The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Jumbo Hot Rod for Gospel Applications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
259 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Hey Gang,

Does anyone have a resource for a jumbo hot rod with the correct colored gems for the Gospel application? I found a couple online but the colors were not correct.

Grace & Peace,
Tony
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
I know this is a old thread but I like the Hot Rod myself...I ended up making my own Hot Rod that is 14 inches long that I use all the time to present the gospel. I had some left over Laminate wood flooring(you can find some other thin wood) and I cut it 2 and a half inches wide and 14 inches long. Then you paint colors on it in this order...Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. Make the back of the stick Red. You can use the colors like the Wordless book illustration uses them.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
The Witness wand is currently out of stock but Steve Varro could tell you when they may be available. They also have an an appearing wand with "wordless book" colors.
http://store.gospelmagic.com/product/witness-wand/
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Dan Garrett has in his current lecture Mark K. Young's "Amazing Jumping Arrow" paddle trick sold through Meir Yedid Magic. See it on youtube (put in Mark Young's "Amazing Jumping Arrow" in the search box) or link to it from http://www.MyMagic.com Dan has a really neat "secular" routine with it- both MagicBob and I looked at each other during his lecture thinking "there must be a Gospel application to that trick." It involves up and down arrows that dart all over the paddle. The paddle itself is made out of super strong metal material. I would love to have your thoughts on it for any Gospel application- it is a very strong paddle trick due to the strategic placement of the arrows on the paddle and the various ways the paddle can be flipped around. Abbott's Magic in Colon sold a similar effect for years.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
FCM President Del Wilson by the way has a nice Gospel "Jumping Gems" routine. I also have the wonderful sliding brass Hot Rod where at the end of the routine all the colors change to one color and the hot rod can be immediately handed out for inspection. Pretty neat.
Walden
View Profile
New user
Eastern Oklahoma, where my fence has but
59 Posts

Profile of Walden
There really are a lot of effects that can be adapted to the Wordless Book concept: Multiplying or color changing scarves. Flexagons. Color-change bag. Egg bag (using colored eggs). Just as long as your audience isn't color blind! Smile
Walden
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
Just in case a few were wondering what the wordless book is...here is the info from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordless_Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Jumbo Hot Rod for Gospel Applications (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL