The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chinese coins for holy moly (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The "New Version" looks great and it looks as though you also get a "Karate Coin" type gimmick made with another washer. I would think it would be worth $20 to buy the whole thing (especially considering there are new phases). I have certainly spent more on less before. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I bought it from Jay a few weeks ago. You get 5 washers and a link to a 46 minute video.

The reactions I got from my wife and son (who put up with me for some reason) were the best I've gotten for anything I've ever shown them.

Dave
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I ordered it and shortly thereafter got the link to the video. (before the props came) He mentions right off that they are no longer half dollar size as he has an "actual washer company making them for him now" and my heart kind of dropped since I have big hands and I really wanted the Karate coin phase. Quarter size is way too small for my "meat paws" and I noticed on the trailer - a washer on the back of a deck of bikes, it was about the same size as the center circle which is about 1". However, I got the pops today and when held on top of a half dollar, only the very rim of the half shows so the size is good. (mt finger fits perfectly in the Karate coin too). Very happy with it. Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Interesting thread as I to tried to get Holy Moly made up with Chinese coins and actually contacted a couple of coin gaff makers but they wasn't able to help me.....such a pity as it would greatly enhance an already great effect...By enhance what I mean is that at a high end gig I would much rather use coins than washers.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
So have you guys tried contacting Roy Kueppers. He made the original holy Moly for Jay. It doesn't seem too hard to make in chinese coins.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I personally do not think Chinese Coins would add anything to the effect. He even makes a big deal in his newer version (the one I just got) about having a company that actually makes washers do the gimmicks for him. I believe the old set looks just as good as the new set. However, I dom like that I got the "bonus karate coin" washer in my set.

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, Krazyjay wrote:
So have you guys tried contacting Roy Kueppers. He made the original holy Moly for Jay. It doesn't seem too hard to make in chinese coins.

The problem is filling the hole in the coin at least that's what I've been told Smile

Poof-Daddy wanting to use Chinese Coins for holy moly isn't about adding to the effect at least for me it's not as I think the routine is excellent, however if working a high end gig using Chinese coins as opposed to washers would be more appropriate than using old discoloured washers.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
My two cents. High end gigs are all about YOU. I use the washers everywhere. It is a great trick and to ME that is the key, ordinary objects. "High end" people know what they are and it works great. But this is my experience. We all have different ways.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2017, David French wrote:
My two cents. High end gigs are all about YOU. I use the washers everywhere. It is a great trick and to ME that is the key, ordinary objects. "High end" people know what they are and it works great. But this is my experience. We all have different ways.

I agree however I would rather drive a ferrari than a mini it gives a better image ;-)
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Boomer wrote:
Holy Moly:
OD - 1 1/8" (1.125")
ID - 1/4" (0.25")

Dave

Great that saves a lot of investigative work. Thanks
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chinese coins for holy moly (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL