The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Article and Photo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Trying to post an article and photo on the Workshop about a set of spirit slates I made.

I resized the .jpg photo to 300x325 pixels to fit the attachment limits. Have tried to post 3 times after trying to size the photo to indicated limits, and each time I am advised the file type is not allowed by the forum administrators.

I know I cannot post an avatar photo and why. Does this extend to posting attachment photos of projects as well?

Thank you for your help.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The size limit is 500 pixels wide and 300 High. Is your photo that way? You said 300 x 325. Make sure it's the right H and W. Also, you didn't say why you can't post a photo so we can't answer your question. One should not have anything to do with other however.

Check the title of your file as well and make sure there are no punctuation marks such as - / _ etc. Use only words. Might try renaming you file and be sure the H and W are correct.
Where the magic begins
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Dave Thanks for your help.

Because I posted a graphic of an all seeing eye for my avatar, and then tried to repost it several times when I found it was not showing when posting a comment, not knowing only portraits are allowed for avatars now, I can no longer put up an avatar picture. I thought this may also extend to other photos.

I did find a "period" in the name of this current photo and removed it. Also resized the photo to 90% of the H & W 300x325 pixel size and it sees to have worked.

Thank you again.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Article and Photo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL