The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2002 entrée: Jim Sisti » » Old Days » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Jim,

You and I have spoken about the older days when mutual respect and trade of ideas and products was more in fashion. You said that things had changed, I assume gotten more "mercenaristic".

I know The Cafe was born out of a desire to return to that feeling of mutual sharing. What main one or two things do you think every magician could focus on to help facilitate this return?

You and I have engaged in some traditions from the past, and I have both extended and accepted that tradition with others. Any other traditions you think could help the magic fraternity's course head back to those good days?
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Tough one, Tom. One of the problems is that you have two distinctly different groups in magic (at least!) whose goals are completely different. One group is performing professionally and their main audiences are the laypublic. The other group is doing magic as a past-time (not that there's anything wrong with that...) and their audiences tend to differ. Sometimes this results in different kinds of magic with a completely different set of appeals.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Magician's Guild idea from the past being resurrected.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2002 entrée: Jim Sisti » » Old Days » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL