The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2002 entrée: Jim Sisti » » what's a » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
Jim:
here at The Cafe you often here folks refer to effects as "commercial" or "a real worker" to indicate that it is a usable effect.
How would you define a "commercial" effect?

Paul
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
That's a tough one because "commercial" can be very relative. I've seen performers take pieces I've overlooked over the years and kill with them.

I think the magic we most commonly define as "commercial" do have a couple of common denominators, however. I believe a commercial effect has broad audience appeal (and I'm speaking here of laymen as the audience), it looks very magical and is usually has a very streamlined plot (Dai Vernon, I believe, said that the plot of an effect should be able to be summed up in one sentence...).

The real bottom line is that oftentimes, our presentations and personalities are what makes an effect truly magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2002 entrée: Jim Sisti » » what's a » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL