The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Vase Routines (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2012, Michael Baker wrote:
That same routine was just (re)published in the Nov-Dec double issue of Genii.

Also, Jim Riser was making sets for the Mike Gallo routine (ungimmicked), although I don't know where that routine is published.

Mike,
D. Robbins was carrying the Gallo DVD some years back. I just spoke to Mike a week or two ago, I'm making a few things for him. I'll
see if he is still distributing the dvd, it really is a great routine.

Mad Jake Sr.

PS. Lyn Johnson (Milson Worth) were talking about how beautiful your work is. Much to my surprise he's still manufacturing. But all your work is so beautiful these days.
Was glad to see them on Steven's site.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
awolf10421
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of awolf10421
Probably one of the most hilarious routines I ever saw was done by Keith Fields using the small cheap plastic ball and vase (actually several of them) I also think it was so funny do to the English accent. not sure if anyone as ever seen it? watching him do that one routine with a cheap plastic trick made me an instant fan of his!
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
I love the Gallo routine. On another note... Is see Jim Riser is currently not producing the nicer ball and vase sets. Is Angelo still producing? If so, does anyone have his current contact info. My old email address for him bounced back. Lastly, it there anyone you would recommend that I should look at that still makes nicer ball and vase sets? Thanks so much in advance.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Eric Hansen makes them without the gimmick
Viking has one with the gimmick that is beautiful, they are out of stock but send an email to George Robinson and ask him directly
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
Eric Hansen makes them without the gimmick
Viking has one with the gimmick that is beautiful, they are out of stock but send an email to George Robinson and ask him directly

Thanks so much!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's No-Shell Routine for the Eric Hansen Egg Cup/ Ball Vase is available at The Magic Nook: https://www.magicnook.com/WIZj16/WIZ16-05HansesEggCup.htm The same principles can be applied to Dollar Store Halloween Vases (the ones shaped like skulls, etc.) in which the egg hatches into a baby dragon that flies off, as described here: https://www.magicnook.com/CraftyMagic/BZ01-05Dragon.htm - "Dragon's Egg Over Easy."
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
I have never seen Eric’s wood turned items, but the price sure seems right. Thank you
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Eric Hansen does great work! I have 2 of his pieces, a chop cup and a ball vase.
he comes to town once or twice a year and I always try to check out his latest creations.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Mike Gallo included his routine in his new Penguin Live download. It is excellent, as is Mike Skinner’s routine.

Does anyone know the ball diameter in the Adam’s set? This is the smaller, more egg shaped vase. It’s less than 1 Inch, just not sure if it’s 5/8 or 7/8.

Thanks
Chris
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2022, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Mike Gallo included his routine in his new Penguin Live download. It is excellent, as is Mike Skinner’s routine.

Does anyone know the ball diameter in the Adam’s set? This is the smaller, more egg shaped vase. It’s less than 1 Inch, just not sure if it’s 5/8 or 7/8.

Thanks
Chris

I came here to say the same thing about Mike's routine. I immediately picked up the vase he uses after watching it - believe it or not I didn't own one. It's a really fun piece, especially for audiences who've seen this and know how it works.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2022, Dougini wrote:
Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUFJ_ve4H6M

Doug

Love mine. It took a bit of practice, or self control actually to not pick up the vase. But like the Gallo Routine, after you get it down
just right, you don't want to go back to the old way.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
Have you seen this?

Doug

I ordered one from TCC on sale recently, it is on its way from China (just hit NY Customs today) I am a bit worried that they may not have added enough food for that tiny goldfish though Smile
I also just backed the new ball & vase on Kickstarter (it uses a red leather baseball as load and gimmick. More like a traditional ball and vase) My first wooden ball and vase is the Airship one with pool balls (6 ball) it made me fall in love with the "simple trick" all over again.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
Have you seen this?

Doug

You owe me $129 Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
icantsleep
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of icantsleep
I’m a big fan of the Jason Maher routine seen here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/oNWBeY6dTpE?si=kKL_ALF1bZ28ooFS

Short and to the point.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Can'tSleep -- I love this! Do you know whether Maher teaches this anywhere? I looked on the web and couldn'lt find anything, but I'm hoping I just missed it.

Bob
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Dan Harlan's routine is detailed in his Tarbell Course 100 Video: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11133.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2023, icantsleep wrote:
I’m a big fan of the Jason Maher routine seen here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/oNWBeY6dTpE?si=kKL_ALF1bZ28ooFS

Short and to the point.

Wow, that's fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
I had to go back and rewatch the video I got when I purchased mine (it either came from Airship Magic or the Conjuror Community lecture package with Mr. Gallo himself) to remind myself that his routine is done without the gimmick .. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

mG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Vase Routines (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL