The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Mask vs Mik-Mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I need some feed back opinions. Which do you like better-Vent Mask vs Axtell Mik-Mouth,and why? Thank you for your in put.--Rev.Bill
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
I don't use either, but I have some thoughts from the audience's perspective.

If you use the vent mask, put it on quick. If it takes you a while to get the mask on, it slows down the performance. Also, the cable mask is far superior to having the pull string down by the chin. That just looks stupid.

Regarding the Mic Mouth, the lips don't open very wide.

Those are my thoughts, not as someone who has used either, but as someone who has watched people use both.
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
I had a mask years and years ago, the only kind available then were the ones with the string from the chin. I don't think it looked stupid, and it's all there was, but with that said, even without having one of the cble masks, I can see where that's an improvement.

I don't own a mic mouth either, but the first concern that came to mind after watching a couple vids was this: if the person you're holding it in front of moves around, you've got to watch and chase them around so-to-speak to keep the mic mouth in front of their mouth.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
junglejoe
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
17 Posts

Profile of junglejoe
I have used both and I continue to use them. I would say it depends on your needs. I find that people are more comfortable wearing the mask and you don't have to worry about them moving during the act. In other words the mask is attached to them. With the mic, you have to predict their movement and the wire frame can be uncomfortable if pressed against the chin. I got the hillbilly mic with hair, that also can go up their nose and make them uncomfortable. I have learned to perform with both. I like the convenience of the mic and the care free and smooth movement of the mask. I made my own mask so it's a very smooth movement and it looks more convincing. I use the mic for kids shows and my mask for adults. I hope this helps.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I have a remote control mask that I built.. It is nice in that you don't have to crowd the volunteer and it allows them to move more.
There was a situation a few months back when the Airline temporarily lost my luggage that contained the mask..
I had to improvise, but I was sure wishing I had A mic mouth to fill in.
Since then, I have reconfigured how I pack and bring my remote mask as a carry-on piece.. But it might have been a smart idea to have a mic mouth as a backup to use in a pinch!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I use an old fashion paper(laminated) mouth mask.

It is easy to use, has a pull down mouth, and has gotten lots of laughs.

Stephen Knowles created them. ...and yes he uses the "professional models".

Harris
low-tech kind of guy
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I use the mic mouth, and I have handled the mask, but don't own one yet.

The person can move around with the mic mouth, which does mean you have to keep on your toes. But it can be done. The mask might be better. However the mic mouth has some advantages. It can be used to bring any teddy bear alive, turning any cuddly animal you lay your hands on into a dummy. It can be used to allow the invisible man speak to the audience as well. I suppose the ideal would be to have both, but based on price I went for the mic mouth first.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
HI, I have used a mask for a couple of years now and must say it gets fantastic reactions every time, It is a cable controlled mask and very reasonably priced, they are made ny someone in Wales and the service they have given me is second to none, if you are interested just google Karl Evans studio, he makes both male and female masks es well as puppets and props for tv etc.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Mask vs Mik-Mouth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL