The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Linking Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Washer
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of James Washer
I remeber seeing David Copperfield perform a linking card routine on one of his specials. Does anyone have any resources?

Thanks In Advance,
Bama Gambler Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
This is Paul Harris's effect which can be found in THe Art of Astonishment books.

Paul Hallas.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I have been doing that card illusion for years. It is great to learn. It is called the "Immaculate Connection"

A magician in Germany (I can't think of his name)instead of placing the card onto the table to link them, he places the card between his teeth and links them.

Ray
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
i learned immaculate conection just from watching the routine (copperfields) over and over in slow motion. i did not buy the book, for learning.

important: don´t let the peaces on the table after finishing the show. they will figure it out.

thomas Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Also in Art of Astonishment there is a great linking piece called Osmosis... it looks great and within the routine you dispose of the thing that makes it work.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I also learned Immaculate Connection from watching the Copperfield video in slo-mo, but I later bought the routine and was glad I did -- it has some finesses I wouldn't have picked up on otherwise. Beside the AoA book, the routine is also available as an individual manuscript, and shows up on eBay pretty regularly for under $5.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
cardstain
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cardstain
Paul Harris has three versions in his AoA books. Although the Osmosis is not of his creation, it is a beautiful linking card routine with only two cards and no extra bits or pieces. Highly recommended.

Lance
"Here, hold my tooth."-Joseph
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Here's another vote for osmosis.
It is one of my all time favourite card effects.

It's another of those effects where the cards are used as objects.
In other words, the point is that they link and shouldn't be able to; the fact that they happen to be cards is purely incidental.

It can be performed completely impromptu as well.
Always a bonus.
:bg:

Step
Hello.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I agree, Step. I sometimes wish I hadn't stopped practicing it because it's an amazing effect. It does take some work to figure out all the configurations, but it's well worth and kind of looks like a strange piece of art when linked.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This is a great linking routine. Easy to perform, just do some preparation and you are set for a miracle:
The Complete Card Linking by Sixten Beme .(Stockholm, Sweden) I think he was fascinated by Paul Harris "Cardboard Connection", but Sixten developed a version where the cards could be handed out for examination. And he did it Smile One good linking routine was developed by Roger Crabteree and Harry Lorayne has a nice linking routine in "Quantum Leaps".

Effect: You display two cards, The cards are folded and the centre pieces of both cards are torn out. The result will be two so-called card frames. The frames are holded between fingers, otherwise your hands are completely empty. A spectator is then asked to insert a finger through one of the frames. The frames are fall into each other and are LINKED. They can examine the linked card frames to his heart´s content.

Some advantages with this method:
The cards are openly displayed and you tear them slowly one after the other. The frames are shown apart.
After the linking of the frames they can be handed out for examination immediately.
Both are shown empty during the whole routine.
There is no exchange of linked card frames.
No difficult moves.

Published by El Duco, Sweden. 1979,1981.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Linking Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL