The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Dance by Brad Henderson » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've completed the book and can now comment on it. First... Wow! Let me also explain that if you are looking for another book on blanket statements you can make when doing a cold read then this is not for you.
This book helps you develop a strong foundation of thought when you do your readings. It helps you to answer the questions: Why am I doing this? How does it affect the listener? How do I control situations? And many more.
The title is perfect because, although Brad relates cold reading to a dance, I feel that it also works because Brad has become your choreographer to whatever dance you choose to do.
Brad helps you organize your routine and tries to help you be the best that you can be when "dancing".
This book is a must for those that are dabbling in cold reading so that they can easily grasp the pitfalls and move further in the understanding of what they are actually doing.
This book is also great for those that have already mastered their own "dance" because Brad will still teach you some fine points that can ease you through certain transitions and even answer some personal questions you have when you are displaying your "powers."
I now consider Brad Henderson to be the Bob Fosse of cold reading literature... sure you can pick up other books that will teach you the fancy steps, but let Brad guide you into making up a Broadway showstopper out of all those steps.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
There is already a thread on this book; it can be found here.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Dance by Brad Henderson » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL