The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage Names (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Have not seen a 'Stage Names' thread recently. I just changed mine and was wondering how you came up with yours? I found some stock posters already printed with the words, Your Name Here. So, I bought them and changed my name to, Your Name Here. How about you?

crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
I think you know how I got my nickname. Thanks a lot Ford F150 (As I mutter under my breath) Ha ha ha
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Usually its the nut behind the wheel. I drive a Ford Ranger. Stage names is the name you perform under and with. Your Crash name is a user name.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
How did you get your stage name?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
My stage name "Fallon" was given to me years ago by my agent. As I live and work in Majorca, a Spanish island, we rely heavily on the tourist trade. Mostly English and German. The agent wantd a name that didn't really mean anything in either language, because if they think I am English the Germans wont come in and if it soounds German , the English wont come in, so I ended up being called Fallon.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
RogueTxn
View Profile
New user
Texas
56 Posts

Profile of RogueTxn
Following Sparticus line of thought I might well choose 'This Space for Lease' as a stage name. Save a lot of time as I'd already be on thousands of marquees about the country!

~Rogue
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Or you can open a resturant chain called, "Eat."
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Advice from an old pro when I was getting ready to hit the road:

1. Never eat at a restaurant called: "MOM's". Except,if there are two restaurants and one is called: "MOM's" and the other is called: "Eat", EAT AT MOM'S

2 Never play cards with a guy named: "Doc".

3 Never go out with a girl who has more problems than you have.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Dear Your Name Here.

We are, at this time,booking a 35 week tour of tank towns and high grass towns (SOUTHERN STATES) and may be able to place you.

Can you do time? Can you double in brass? Advise, return mail salary needs. Sleeping accommodations and all meals furnished,(Performers eat in LONG SIDE of cookhouse. Flag up at 7 - 12 -- 6 daily'. Dukey lunches on long jumps. NO SUNDAY SHOWS. NO "CHINESE".

Must dress well, on and off. No drunks or chasers wanted. Prefer those who eat with knife & fork.

Address: U-HAUL BROS, MARKEM & GILLY COMBINED SHOWS (Formerly known as DEWEY, CHEATHAM & HOWE CIRCUS.

We are being booked by HUCKSTER, GONNIF AND FINAGLE.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I might be interested in them thar high grass towns...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage Names (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL