The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Glow in the dark cards... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhiskeyPriest
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of WhiskeyPriest
So I was thinking that it might look cool to do some card magic with glow in the dark cards. All the ones I have seen so far are plastic, which I have never used, but from what I've read a lot of people don't like them. Anyone have any good experience with these types of cards? I was also wondering if some sort of glow in the dark paint or coating could work with normal cards to give it that same glowing effect.

~Whiskey
Remagicon
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere over the Rainbow
124 Posts

Profile of Remagicon
The closest you can get to having cards glow are the older decks with the UV-500 airflow finish w/ UV lighting. Haven't heard of cards that just glow though
"Ars Est Celare Artem"
It is art to hide art
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Joe Cossari used to do a card fanning act with fluorescent cards that glowed under black light. I never saw that act, but I did see Joe do his act with more-or-less standard fanning cards and it was pretty spectacular!

According to a comment in this thread on the Café:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=10
there were at least two other magicians who did a card fanning set with black light.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Glow in the dark cards... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL