The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2013 entrée: Michael Kaminskas » » Rude Spectators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Michael,

What sort of approach do you use for dealing with rude spectators when the situation arises?
What are your thoughts in general in dealing with bad behavior during a performance/gig?

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Profile of Michael Kaminskas
Rude spectators come with the territory. The answer I have for you in how to respond to them changes because dealing with them is situational. Is it a bday party, a comedy club, at a bar, a wedding, corporate event?

All these require different amounts of tact when dealing with the troublemakers.

In general, I approach it from, ignore the first comment or maybe even two...everyone at some point in time has let something slip out..I give them the benefit of the doubt. If the situation continues, I acknowledge it and politely ask that they refrain from making comments as they are ruining it for the other guests. I never get into an argument or a one upmanship with a spectator. If they insist on continuing I simply excuse myself. In the unfortunate circumstance I'm on stage and they are the spectator then I move quickly and shuffle them off as soon as possible making them the hero of the trick.

I've seen most entertainers respond in exactly the opposite manner...and it's okay at a comedy club to say #$&*^ and more than likely the crowd will love you even more. I'm just saying...you just have to use your best judgement in the situation that arises..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2013 entrée: Michael Kaminskas » » Rude Spectators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL