The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » A Fix On Six! By Paul A. Lelekis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I recently came across this e-book on lybrary.com and was struck at how grea the material is for someone that wants to perform close-up magic for a living. The e-book came with six action packed routines that would be a great start!

These routines come straight out of the working repertoire of a real magician's magician. Paul has won the Howard Bamman trophy for a good reason. This set of works is well very strong, thought out, magical, and most importantly, entertaining! The presentations provided are excellent. Be sure to modify them to fit your personality though.

“Inspector #1953” - is Paul's entertaining routine for the classic thumb through shirt effect that's been performed on national television in Europe. He provides excellent advice in using this routine as an “in” for performing at restaurants. The method is simple but devious. Highly recommended.

“The Trick That Can't Be Explained!” - is one of my favorite card effect from Paul's. If a laymen asks you to show them a trick you'll be prepared. Even when they know how it's done it will still be magic! The best part about this effect is that it is totally impromptu and self-working. There's just a few procedures to memorize and then you're all set.

“B-Fly” - is a very magical version of the Biddle trick involving an invisible card that gets some good laughs from your spectators. There aren't any tough moves to learn here and Paul describes a great feint by Paul Cummins. This routine is very practical and plays very well. This will get you the money in a professional setting.

“A Devilish Miracle II” - This is a solid card effect that gets great reactions and multiple moments of magic. This effect is definitely one of the harder card effects in the notes and is for the experienced card magician. Paul expects the reader to known several card moves that are not explained. Paul makes use of several card sleights for maximum deception. Also, a great card sleight of Harry Lorayne's is explained. Another one of my favorite card effects from Paul!

“CAAN TU” - Card At Any Number has been all the rage among magician's for the last couple years. Paul's take on J.K. Hartman's CAAN is a beauty. I like how the double revelation catches the spectator's off guard. There's a lot of humor in Paul's routine which will help guide you in the right direction towards making it your own. There's a move involved in the routine that if you own JK Hartman's “CAAN Craft” you'll have no problem doing. In the “Post Note” of CAAN TU there's an excellent piece of advice for when a spectator names any card! Don't skip over this.

“Triple Revelation” - This is a great variation on Al Baker's “The Mind Reading Trick” with minimal props that fit in your pockets. I especially liked Paul's variation on the classic playing card force by Balducci. It breaks up the action to make it harder for a spectator to reconstruct the effect!
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
All of Paul Lelekis' books on Lybrary are superior! I am enjoying reading all of them and trying out the tricks, as time permits. Do yourself a favor, start by buying just one, read and digest it, and I promise you that, like Lay's potato chips, you cannot stop with just one!
Tremendous value, and loads of fun!
Tasty, too.
Abe
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Bear in mind that some of the tricks are not his (The Trick that cannot be explained is ripped straight from the Vernomn Chronicles), and he has the habit of reprinting the same trick in multiple books.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Not looking to debate here but I have seen remakes etc of many great effects in quite a "few" ebooks as well as DVDs I don't believe this to be that uncommon. Quite the opposite really.
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
Quote:
On 2013-04-01 23:32, JohnWells wrote:
Bear in mind that some of the tricks are not his (The Trick that cannot be explained is ripped straight from the Vernomn Chronicles), and he has the habit of reprinting the same trick in multiple books.

How can you say that?
Lelekis' The Trick That Cannot Be Explained has nothing to do with Vernon's trick.

How can you accuse somebody for a rip-off and not check it out?
"There is no reality, only perception."
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Are you a dunce? The trick that Paul Lelekis published as The Trick that CAnnot be Explained is identical to an effect in the Vernon chronicles, though, in your limited grasp of what's actually going on you have managed to note that Lelekis' trick is different from the Vernon effect of the same title, which, if you bothered to check the sources out, you might also note is not in the Vernon chronicles but in the Inner secrets trilogy.
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
If that is the case, I am sorry for jumping to conclusions.
"There is no reality, only perception."
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I've been contacted by my friend Paul Lelekis and he is very upset that he is being accused of stealing an effect! I don't blame him for having his name dragged through the mud, as he has stolen nothing! He has contributed to magic! What have you contributed to magic John Wells?

In his own words:

"...It is absolutely NOTHING like Vernon's trick! Vernon's requires "outs" and in some cases may fail. My trick is completely different, is self-working, requires no 'outs" and is easy to do..."

In my words:

John Wells do you even own a copy of Paul's "A Fix On Six!"? If you've been around magic for any amount of time you would know that accusing another magician of lifting a trick is a serious allegation! Please rethink your actions for the future.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
A side note. His effect is also published on the September 2011 issue of the Linking Ring. You can also check the effect there for reference. The effect is far off from Vernon's. You need to be specific on these stuff because it would sound like you just personally bashing the guy.
happy4magic
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of happy4magic
Mr. Lelekis is a selfless contributor to magic having freely contributed to the Linking Ring magazine. He is an inovative journeyman performer. I have in magic for over 50 years performed the Vernon/Berger TTTCNBE for decades. Vernon/Berger methods are entirely different than Mr. Lelekis'. Mr. Well's precipitous remarks are regretful.
"It's a Magical Life!"
Magic - Learn it, love it, live it, and share it with others.
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Clearly the two tricks discussed above are completely and totally different. Now that the point is clear, it is time to get thee to lybrary.com and buy all (or some) of the books. There are wonderful routines and presentations and, yes, credits to sources. Also, Mr. Lelekis has been very responsive to my emails.
You cannot go wrong. Start by buying one book. I'll wait.
You are welcome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » A Fix On Six! By Paul A. Lelekis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL