The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
I'm obviously new to the Magic Café (based on the amount of posts that I have), however I have been lurking for a long time. I perform for the purpose of entertaining and presenting the greatest mystery ever (Christ in you). Anyway, I have a few shows coming up and I am interested in incorporating a book test routine. There may be discussion around the Christian boards regarding the use of mentalism for Christian performers. Does anyone here do a mentalism show? Have you done a book test in your show?

Thanks for the advice in advance

-- Spivey
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
See the "I'm a Christian Mentalist in Turmoil" thread below, that may provide some assistance.
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
Thanks, MagicBus - I'll do that
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Oh boy! Hold on to your hat!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I filmed MagicBob a few years ago doing a book test, but unfortunately, the sound quality was messed up and I never used it. In that particular test he used three different books- and one of the book titles had a reference to eternity in it. He used that title as a springboard to make a point about how long eternity is, and that one needs to make the right choice regarding it, etc..
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I do one for kids using 3 kids books that are easy to read types.
I force the book I want to use and then use a mathematical formula for finding the page number.
The first sentence on that page matches the envelope labeled "FUTURE GUESS".
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
I used "Mental epic " where at the last section I forced a verse about how God Knows all about us - in us -around us - in the depts -heaven above etc (not good at memory-so I use cue cards) and then reveal the Verse under and in the last section of "mental epic" - next mention how - if I can predict and /or read minds - THINK what our Heavenly Father Does!!!>
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
I wish I could remember the when exactly, but Aldo Columbini's wife had an easy effective book test in the Linking Ring several years ago. Using the Bible it can be shown that you seemingly have a vast knowledge of God's Word. You can then go into a 1 Cor. 13 explanation of how love trumps knowledge.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Dan Garrett's current lecture has an excellent book test in it- on his lecture notes: http://www.dangarrettmagic.com You can use any two books that you'd like.
His notes on CD are only $15 plus postage, called the "the godmother of all book tests" and this is part of 2012 "forward into the past" lecture. I saw Dan do it last night at Ring 211 in Grand Rapids- I was one of the people he picked for the test. He used a book on golf called "Zinger" and a Star Trek book. So what makes this unique is you can use any two books of your own choice.
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
MagicBus,

I'll take a look at it. I use AREA right now and it is playing really well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Book Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL