The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Leclair Book or Video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
I was wondering which I should get, the Book or Video. I will not be getting both, but I can tell you one thing, I learn 100 percent better visually, but I understand that the book has more stuff. Which will be better in the long run?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-25 07:48, indridcold wrote:
I was wondering which I should get, the Book or Video. I will not be getting both, but I can tell you one thing, I learn 100 percent better visually, but I understand that the book has more stuff. Which will be better in the long run?

Indridcold,

I have them both and I appreciated the video more. I enjoy watching an effect actually being performed. You can learn so much by watching....timing, misdirection, set-up. I really think that John's tape brings the LeClair hook-up to life.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Thanks for that. I just wasns't sure that I wouldn't be missing something out from the book. He recomends getting the book and tape as a companion. But (up to) 100 dollars is alot for a book and tape.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-25 20:19, indridcold wrote:
Thanks for that. I just wasns't sure that I wouldn't be missing something out from the book. He recomends getting the book and tape as a companion. But (up to) 100 dollars is alot for a book and tape.

Indridcold,

Please don't get me wrong; the book has MANY effects listed in it, but, I started to get the feeling that the effects were repeating themselves--but with a slightly different approach, handling variation or item to attach the IT to. However, the book is good for expanding your horizon as to just how versatile the IT hookpup can be. Lots of these ideas you might come up by yourself if you did some serious brainstorming.

The reason I liked the tape better was because I got to actually see the IT in action..instead of reading about it and interpreting (sometimes possibly incorrectly) what the written text and pictures were trying to accurately portray. That said, I'm glad I own both and would hate to give up either.

Its a tough choice if you have to choose one or the other. Too bad you can't afford both. I don't envy you one bit having to make a choice.

Mike

P.S. On any given day, you will have just as many people choosing the book over the tape. On any given day, it could be a magician changing his mind from one to the other. Today, I prefer the tape; tomorrow,...?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Ah, of course, the perrills of being cheap. Well, I refuse to spend all my money on magic, magic is not my life! But, yes, I will be ordering the DVD so it can be here for Christmas. Thanks for your help.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
You won't be disappointed this is one of my favorites, there are some very cool effects on the video/DVD.

LeClair's IT hookup is also the best I have ever used.
Tony Chapparo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Leclair Book or Video? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL