The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kartis box or buddha box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Andrews
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Scott Andrews
Kartis Okito Box - internal dimension

Hi guys
I have a number of coin boxes and bought a Kartis box a few years ago. It is well produced and I like its special features.
HOWEVER I have never been comfortable with the depth of the box which does not hold 4 half dollars flush (such that it replicates the Boston appearance when inverted) being a fraction too shallow. I have tried WLs and they still sit proud when four coins are inserted I contacted Tango a couple of years ago to ask if there is a specific coin for which the box was designed. Whereas I received a polite and timely response with a clear effort to be helpful I did not resolve the matter.
Have others found the same problem or have I been unfortunate in receiving a reject😄
My solution to date has been to work with 3 coins in the main compartment which just about passes when the box is inverted.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I have two boxes, and yes, I have the same problem.
To solve the issue I use a thicker coin (just three, see below). The three thick coins line up better.
But, really I do not think your spectator will notice the difference using the standard Kennedy half.
I prefer using less coins to avoid being too repetitive. The alignment is a minor secondary issue for me.

I use "Mechanic Coins", go here:

https://www.themagicemporium.net/product......ustries/
Scott Andrews
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Scott Andrews
Hi Jerry
Thanks for your response which is much appreciated. I fully accept your point that a spectator is unlikely to spot the difference. Using just three half dollar coins is the solution that I use however if I need four coins in the box (say for matrix type effects etc.) then the top coin tends to slide off. Thank you for your idea on the MI coins. I really like these coins and use the dollar version in coin routines and with the MI Optricks deck so will definitely explore this possibility. I also found that old English pennies fit the box perfectly in terms of both diameter and depth. However, ironically, the base is a fraction too small to accept a penny!
With thanks once again.
Best.
Andrew
Scott Andrews
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Scott Andrews
Hi Jerry
Thanks for your response which is much appreciated. I fully accept your point that a spectator is unlikely to spot the difference. Using just three half dollar coins is the solution that I use however if I need four coins in the box (say for matrix type effects etc.) then the top coin tends to slide off. Thank you for your idea on the MI coins. I really like these coins and use the dollar version in coin routines and with the MI Optricks deck so will definitely explore this possibility. I also found that four old English pennies fit the box perfectly in terms of both diameter and depth. However, ironically, the base is a fraction too small in diameter to accept a penny!
With thanks once again.
Best.
Andrew
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
"Palming Coins" are a bit thinner, and not too noticeable
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2021, cuchullain wrote:
"Palming Coins" are a bit thinner, and not too noticeable

I hve found several sources for Dollar palming coins.. Do you have a source for the half-dollar size? Could solve problem with this box ... and other issues.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I got a set from Vanishing Magic - They are replicas and of adequate but not great quality - Not too expensive so it will at least enable you to try the solution.
Just Looked - in stock - https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/money-......EALw_wcB
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I have also used English pennies - Old soft ones are thinner than a half dollar. May need to sand them down just a fraction so they do not stick in the Boston compartment
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kartis box or buddha box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL