The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Lassen N-Stripper machine(s) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
James Kennedy
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
17 Posts

Profile of James Kennedy
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a trimmer that can do Svengali & Stripper decks. I don't want a DIY one but I can't justify $1000's of dollars for a porper one. Is there a machine some where in the middle?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Somewhere in the middle?

No.

Go DIY, whether you want to or not.

Also, ask in the Workers forum. We're not really talking about Svengali decks here. It doesn't matter, and you are of course very welcome to be here, but your question won't really get the answer you deserve in this forum.
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
@reissjames

What is your budget?
You can cut Svengali cards with scissors or a cheap paper trimmer and it will work. You can then buy a corner rounder.
Now for a cheaper cutter (half the price) that will cut strippers you could also get O'Hare stripper jig.
It will make some fine strippers and even some bellies and more. But you will still need a corner rounder.

http://www.theperfectshuffle.com/

To me that would be the perfect solution for what you are looking.

Slim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well one doesn't have cut them as such, as one can sand them, using templates.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 09:24, tommy wrote:
Well one doesn't have cut them as such, as one can sand them, using templates.

I have heard, but was unable to verify, that in ancient Japan the Samurais were able to cut a Svengali deck or Wedge stripper deck with one swipe of their sword.

One Samurai would hold the appropriate cards in his hand, the other would charge on horseback and after making the appropriate yell and facial contortions, chop the cards to the exact length with one swipe.

However, although this is an impressive way to “cut” various type stripper cards, it seems to be a little impractical.

First, one must master the Samurai discipline.

Second, on has to have a horse to ride on. Using a golf cart or go cart is not acceptable.

Third, one needs an extremely well made Samurai sword.

Unfortunately, the cost of the horse and the purchase price of a good Samurai sword would be considerably more than the cost of a Porper Trim machine and the years necessary to master the Samurai disciple would be impractical for most.

However, I thought a little history lesson on trimming cards was in order.

One of the benefits of being on this BB is the incredible esoteric knowledge one can be exposed to – essentially in this instance an example of the real work, of the real work, of the real work, taken to the level of extreme expertise (or perhaps delusional fantasy).

Even Steve Forte is not aware of this technique or he would have exposed it on a YouTube video by now.

Hope this post was helpful to some and a worthwhile addition to their card table knowledge. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
An illusion is a distortion of reality which is used to control the physical is this old world of ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_TXuU9a......4C195CB6

Skin up
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 13:06, tommy wrote:

Skin up

"Skin up"?????

Tommy, have you very though about writing a complete compendium on English slang words and expressions. I would purchase a copy immediately as it would be a lot cheaper than hiring an interpreter. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour.
Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour.
Roll up AND THAT'S AN INVITATION, roll up for the mystery tour.
Roll up TO MAKE A RESERVATION, roll up for the mystery tour.
The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away,
Waiting to take you away.

Roll up = Skin up! Think back to the 1960s. Everybody must get stoned. AND THAT'S AN INVITATION, to the public. Create distortions of reality, by getting the public off their heads, or by whatever means. Then its easy for the Sharps to take control of the Flats real physical stuff. Get the money by that means. Sharps and Flats: That which is flat is dull and that which is sharp is bright.

Man Made Global Warming con. It is an illusion, a distortion of reality, which the big boys have created. They then they take control of the physical, the real stuff, the resources, the wealth.

It is what we do, at the table. We create a distortion of reality, an illusion: we deal from bottom but it looks like we are dealing from the top. By that means we take control of the real stuff, the physical, the money.

It's all esoteric magic you see? Smile

Anyhow Guitar Control Plates will do the trick.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Ignore Tommy at your own risk.

The dude (or dudess? who knows?) rules.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ignore reality at your peril. Smile The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away, Waiting to take you away. Take you away, from what? Reality! Reality is the real stuff, your stuff. They take you away from reality and while you are they take your real stuff. There many ways they have taken us away from reality and got our our real stuff. Take for example money: We used to barter, we dealt in the reality of stuff, now we have been taken away from that reality and deal in illusion of we call money. The stripper deck is an illusion but it has to introduced into game. The flats are invited to accept all is on the square in one way or another. It's not difficult for enterprising magician to get a brick of cards behind the counter of a bar and let the flats buy them or whatever. Pool halls, Hotels, pubs and so on are sort places where sort places these sort of things are used. That is to say I doubt they would fit the bill for more formal games.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@tommy:

How long have you been off your medications? This may be an emergency for you and it may be necessary for you to double or triple up on the meds.

Then again, if you are happy this way... Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I should point out in my above brilliant and incisive post on using a Samurai sword to cut strippers that the French came up with a much more practical idea.

French explorers upon arrival in Japan eventually came in contact with the Samurai and their method of cutting strippers. Although these exploders figured they would never become proficient enough to use a Samurai sword to make the necessary cuts for strippers, they took the concept back to France for future experimentation.

Presenting the idea to some of the most brilliant French scientists of the day, after much deliberation these men finally can up with a very sophisticated card cutting contraption which they subsequently named the Guillotine. The Guillotine made some extremely fine and accurate cuts but proved to be impractical for the card cheats and Svengali/Wedge Stripper magicians of that era. After all, having a Guillotine in one’s back yard was a dead tip-off that one was making strippers. (Key Point: A Guillotine is hard to hide even though the cuts are as good as a Porper trimmer would make.)

Since the Guillotine trimmer proved to be impractical for use by most, the ever inventive French, after several years of keen deliberation, decided to use it to chop off people’s heads instead. Hence the Guillotine became known throughout the world as a device to execute those deemed to be undesirable to the Republic/Regime but as the ever knowledgeable members of this BB now know, it was first designed as a sophisticated trimming machine.

Hmmm….Let’s see now…I’ve probably alienated the Japanese and perhaps by extension all Asians, now possibly the French. I’m on a roll and the world is my oyster. Who can I alienate next??? Smile

Silverking…where are you???? Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cag

You can't afford to go senile. You had better get back to reality soon before its all gone old boy.

Tommy
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 14:18, Cagliostro wrote:

Silverking…where are you????

Right here you ridiculous old gob-rag.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Using stripper plates may be old but its cheap and it works nicely. The ones I have are guitar control plates which cost me about a fiver. Samurai swords and French Guillotines are fine but they are rather more expensive, which was just what our friend was trying to avoid and so I think he will give them the brush.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@silverking:

:rotf: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Lassen N-Stripper machine(s) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL