The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2013 entrée: Greg Rostami » » Telefoto? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Any details you can give us on the new app?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Ahhh . . . I'm so glad you asked.

Hani and I have been hammering away at this idea for a very long time . . . and we are going to submit it to the app store in the next two days.

There have been a few photo related apps that have been released on the app store.

101 Deck by James Mattox
This is probably the first organic photo related app where the magician shows his prediction of a selected card (or anything else for that matter) is the last photo taken in his photo album.

Photo Prediction by Guilherme Del Frate
This is the next photo prediction app where a freely selected card (or anything since you have 120 outs) has been correctly predicted by the magician as the last photo in his photo album.

teleFoto is my take on this plot . . .

Effect:
You instruct a spectator to go to a website (on any device, phone/tablet/computer) and type in a very short URL that goes to a folder of an ENDLESS amount of photos from Las Vegas.
"These random photo sites are amazing. You choose a topic and they show you thousands of photos about your topic."

You instruct another spectator to close your eyes with her hands.
"I want you to make sure I can't see."

"Please swipe through all these photos and stop at whatever photo you like."
The spectator does as instructed.

"Have you stopped at a photo? Great . . . I see a daytime photo . . . it's of a rather large object . . . It's not a hotel . . . I see a lot of sky . . . I feel it's VERY tall . . . I'm guessing you're looking at a photo of the Stratosphere tower!!"

She removes her hands from your eyes and the spectator shows a photo of the Stratosphere on his phone!!!!

Features of teleFoto:
As long as your spectator has an internet connection (3G, 4G, WiFi, etc) you can perform.
Your spectator can use ANY device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc).
Perform completely surrounded.
You can create as many albums of photos as you like.
These albums can either be populated automatically based on a topic, or upload your own photos (two albums included, ESP and Vegas)
You never touch or see the spectator's device. EVER!
The URL that you give them is VERY short and designed to be easy to memorize.
Perform as often as you like with different photos . . . everyone will swear that you're telepathic.
You can either perform with nothing or with a notepad. With a notepad you can draw the photo that they're looking at.
Since these photos are yours . . . create any effect you like . . . products, celebrities, cards, people, places, etc.
Include a link of these photos anywhere . . . on your website, on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
ALL your spectators see is, you, standing there reading there mind. THAT'S IT!

teleFoto will be released on both iOS and Android.
The Android version will be first, because we don't have to wait for approval from Apple. If all goes well, the iOS version should be out 2 weeks after the Android version.
I still haven't decided on the price but it's gonna be between $20 to $50.

I've been performing this NON-STOP ever since we had a working copy . . . IT KILLS . . . I love doing it. You'll feel superhuman doing it . . . and your spectators will feel the same.
It's so strong that you have to miss a few things about your prediction just to make it seem real.

As always, I can't wait to show it to you guys.
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Will this be compatible with my android jellybean 4.2.1 on a google nexus tablet?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

The only problem is you're gonna have a hard time fitting your nexus tablet in your pants pocket!? Smile

Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Folks,

Please don't forget that in TWO days my Guest of Honor week will end at The Magic Café.

If you like my magic, please show your support by Liking my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/RostamiMagic

As I said in the welcome thread, if we reach 1000 likes then I'll give TWO lucky people, that liked the page, a free copy of iPredict Pro for iOS (that's my $100 app).

I'll announce the name of the winners here on the Café after May 1st on a thread in the APPS-alutely forum.

all the best,
Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2013 entrée: Greg Rostami » » Telefoto? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL