The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Mysteries 2 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, lemonjug wrote:
Sounds great! Can any of this be done one-on-on?

thanks

several of these effects can indeed be done one on one. A lot of the DR and scripting allows for most of these effects to exicute in any fashon you wish (one on one, small group, large venue) in fact I have a small blurb about scaling up an effect
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
My Freeze effect and Frasers DR tie up are very essential in a unique way. If you try them out a few times together, then think to yourself what are the ROOTS and origins of the effects and subtleties I think you will have a eurika moment if you are indeed trying to create your own effects.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I personally like this one better, but I hesitate to compare too much as they are very different books. Fraser is an unquestioned master of DR as he showed with the first True Mysteries, and in this sequel Gavin adds the idea of creating genuine effects within or alongside the illusions that Fraser crafts so well. In that sense it's absolutely better for smaller groups or 1 on 1 than the first book. But it has a different character from the first book, there are more opportunities for risks and rewards, and liking the first book is no guarantee that you will like the second. (Emphasis on "opportunities" - if I recall it's often the case that you can reliably have something that looks one way from the outside, but has chances to create something genuine that could go in new directions.)

I think a lot of people will appreciate the thinking on this one. I think it will be especially popular among people who want to make a good show that also has something genuine at its core. The expertise of the two authors leads to sort of a hybrid method, so there will be those who were happy with the first and who won't like this one as much.

Look at what the routines allow you to do, and look at the fact that the disappointed review above ended with "highly recommended." I've already recommended this to others personally, and if I could travel through dimensions I'd recommend it to myself. It's worth checking out.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Half way through... really enjoying it! Better than what I thought. The whole freezing chapter is interesting! Will post my thoughts!
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Thank you for your thoughts!!!
As its been stated Fraser and I wanted to fuse 2 ways of thinking in such a way that they compliment each other nicely. The freeze effect is a perfect example, you can choose to execute as a surefire DR effect, or (by the way it is structured) you can shift it into a legit demonstration of suggestion and having it act as the convincer/ suggestibility test for further suggestion stunts.

We wanted this material to not only be workable but laden with many paths and routes to take the effects themselves
If there are any questions on ANY of the material and perhaps a few extra explanations on some effects that didn't make it to the final cut due to size constraint, pm me.
Please have your copy ready as it will be used as a verification of your purchase.

Thanks
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
How much of TM2 requires that one has read TM?
Thanks,
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Well....i suppose it depends on your experience in DR.
It is rec that you are familiar with TM1.... But TM 2 briefly explains the 2 main concepts at work. I would say if you are very experienced in DR and hypnosis you can get away w TM2 . If not I would defiantly get the first.

As my drifting coach told me: sure you can race a Viper if you know how to race, but if you only know how to put the pedal to the metal and that's it start with a 4 banger.
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
( no fast and the furious quote intended haha!)
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I would start with the first booklet/DVD first. That way you can see and heard how this is done.

Ray
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Thanks.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you don't have the first one RUN and buy it right away. Brilliant. If you have it and like it, then RUN and buy this one. some seriously brilliant ideas in here.
Love the Jerome Finley treatment of one of the ideas. Fraser also makes it possible to do a "Telepathy in action" routine with a one sentence setup.
Gavin also has an idea that is so elegant and easy it might be passed off as not worthy. Trust me Horror Hypno shows is a master effect using the whole audience. They will also end up with your business card and they will stare at your name for a long time. Again, BRILLIANT!!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2014, Xiqual wrote:
If you don't have the first one RUN and buy it right away. Brilliant. If you have it and like it, then RUN and buy this one. some seriously brilliant ideas in here.
Love the Jerome Finley treatment of one of the ideas. Fraser also makes it possible to do a "Telepathy in action" routine with a one sentence setup.
Gavin also has an idea that is so elegant and easy it might be passed off as not worthy. Trust me Horror Hypno shows is a master effect using the whole audience. They will also end up with your business card and they will stare at your name for a long time. Again, BRILLIANT!!!
James

Thanks for the kind word......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Mysteries 2 (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL