The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Berglas stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
How many of you use the Berglas stack (Magic convention)? What do you think of it? As for me, I like it a lot, and it's the one I always use. It's also good because few magicians know it Smile But at the same time, it can be a disadvantage.
I am currently learning Mnemonica in order to have two stacks in my arsenal. But I don't see a lot of people using the Berglas one... Any thoughts on that?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I don't see anyone using Mnemonica either...
TH

Occupy Your Dream
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
I recently worked out that I've used a total of eight(!)stacks...some partial, some full deck...depending on the need.

Key is not to continualy jump from stack to stack; you must master one before moving on. For all the stacks I use, some are basically 'one trick only'

Chan Canasta only ever used his pet variation on the 8 Kings...
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 13:28, Atom3339 wrote:
I don't see anyone using Mnemonica either...

Maybe in the US, you are using the Aronson rather than the Tamariz... probably.

Nobody would like to discuss possible effects specific to the Berglas stack?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Ok, this stack does not seem to be very popular... Smile
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
I think the problem is that the stack isn't very well known. The Berglas Effects book was only sold in very small quantities (200 I think), so subsequently it hasn't had the exposure the likes of the Aronson stack has. Aronson's stack has been out for so long now, countless magicians have discovered properties the author never envisioned.
The late Dennis Loomis was a champion of the stack and worked tirelessly to take it to new height.

Also, Berglas does not perform traditional card tricks like Four Ace effects, poker deals etc. He apparently dislikes spelling effects with a passion. So the stack is maybe too limited for other performers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Berglas stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL