The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » TT Location (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Trying to find a good spot within pocket management to "load" a thumb tip. I need it on for a closer of one of my sets and have been having trouble loading from the pocket (I don't have a "5th" pants pocket). I thought about between the belt/waist band area... Just anywhere to load discreetly.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks everyone.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If you're wearing jeans, how about the little coin pocket? If one's not available, can you get a seamstress to sew one in for you?

Mark.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
When I work I don't wear jeans unfortunately and I'm trying to avoid the seamstress price haha :-\
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I understand. Maybe you can find a friend or family member that sews and can do it for you. If worse comes to worse, maybe you can take a strip of elastic band and rough stich it in a pocket yourself, kind of like us guys sewing on buttons. It ain't pretty, but it works. Plus, since it's in a pocket, no one will ever see it anyway, so it doesn't need to be a professional sew job.

Mark.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Gee, a book could be written on this subject, but no one would buy it. LOL

Unfortunately, this is one of those things that is scattered all over the in different routines by different people. Like David Williamson, just get it and before had anticipating being asked to do a trick, and placee it in his waist band of his pant.

mrunge is correct about the elastic being sewn in the pant. This idea by some magicians have it sewn in all their pants. But if you don't want to do that, just use small safety pins.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
My suit jacket has a little coin pocket that fits a tt nicely within the right hand pocket. and I would imagine it would be very easy to load from that position. If it doesn't include one, you could just tape a bit of fabric/paper in the pocket as a temporary equivalent to a sewn in one.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Going back to college days-staple elastic loop to waist band
NateReeves
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of NateReeves
Jay sankey assassin's pouch
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Use Terry Seabrookes idea from his cigarette in coat routine. Works like a champ.

PM me is you need details.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I once had a pair of slacks that in the right pocket, had a smaller inner pocket. Kind of like the coin pocket Mark was talking about, but only it was on the inside. I used it for a TT all the time. I could ditch it just by sticking my thumb in the pocket, not even the whole hand.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
You can easily make a pocket inside your pocket in just a couple minites with no sewing required. They sell an iron-on patch at sewing shops & Walmart that can be used to make an inner pocket in your pocket. Just cover the part of the sewing tape that you don't want to stick with a small piece of duct tape (so it makes a pocket and no a patch!). ;-)
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I would have to say it is surprisingly easy to manually sew bits and pieces together that would work. If you are absolutely certain that you can't do it or simply won't - ask a relative or girlfriend or even a fellow magician to help or do it for you. I am always helping people I know with gaffs as I really like splitting cards and sewing. In some cases though, even I don't want to go through the hassle making something as fancy as a top it so I just bought TKO2.0 . Ask around and I am sure someone will help you out locally if there are other magi in your area. We have an un-official group of magi from hobbyists to former pros and get together for a luncheon every month, sometimes twice.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Yes, it is an old thread, but...

If you put the TT into the pocket, then pin the pocket around the TT, you could then run a stitch along the pin line. Instant coin/TT pocket built into the pants pocket, whether in jeans or fine slacks. The thread doesn't even have to match, since it will never be seen.

If sewing is completely out of your wheelhouse, then simply use safety pins instead of thread. Just be sure to do it when you are NOT wearing them. ! )
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, malaki wrote:
Just be sure to do it when you are NOT wearing them. ! )

For someone who likes to reenact Medieval times, where is your sense of adventure??? Smile Great idea though, I made a similar adjustment to my sport coat pocket. Works great and easy to get to.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
If you wear a jacket, a paperclip will hold the TT on your belt - a simple downward motion at a 45 degree angle to your body loads it on your thumb.
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Jay Scott Berry (www.jayscottberry.com) had a TT dropper. When you pull up your sleeves, you make the move to put it in play.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I used to have one behind my tie, when I wore them. Just a matter of adjusting my tie and slipping it on.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
I used to have one behind my tie, when I wore them. Just a matter of adjusting my tie and slipping it on.

Brilliant,
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » TT Location (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL