The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Just a few things » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I noticed for myself, I really started to grow as a performer when I dwindled my repertoire down to just a few pieces that I devoted intense study to. I've always admired performers who were successful, yet achieved their success mostly through intense study of just a few performance pieces (e.g., Armando Lucero, Uri Geller, Mal Cross). In a hypothetical world where you were to devote your time to continually performing and perfecting, say, 2 or 3 effects from your current repertoire and/or things you'd like to add to your repertoire, what would make the cut?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Interesting question Chris.

I do this but not with effects.

I have maybe 5 presentations (scripts and subtleties) that I use religiously and interchange the routines.

For example if I told the isabellas story, I move into another effect after, instead of the dob reveal. So I can make most routines appear flawless when I'm performing close up.

The routine itself is straight forward I normally find, its the casing that doesn't make me happy.

But if I was to list my favorites.

Revealing a starsign and date of birth.

Letting them reveal something of mine using their ability.

Revealing a deep secret and finishing on a story.

Obviously with talking and more hits between.

Touching sentiments also!

Pete x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Just a few things » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL