The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Has anyone ever done a cups and balls sequence using coins?
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Yes, Ray Mertz, published in Apocalypse in the late 80's I believe. He used three jumbo cards and three dollar-sized coins, ending with three huge jumbos. The routine was done seated.

The ads for the "Miracle Cups" also indicate that a cups-and-balls type routine would be an easy application of these props.

Depending on how abstract your analysis is, "Matrix" is "Cups and Balls" with coins.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Wouldn't it be Cups&Coins, since there aren't balls involved?!?
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
Yes, the Miracle Cups work very well. I begin with Laurie Ireland's first cup and ball routine, follow with revealing coins under all 3 cups, do several sequences with the coins, and then use Fakini balls for a final load under each of the cups.

Dwight
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Albert Goshman performed a sequence using coins and salt shakers. I've seen this referenced in different cups and balls literature.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
How about a cups and coins routine intermixed with a coins to glass routine with multiple glasses. I've always wanted to end producing 3 stacks of half's.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
If you can find it check out Dylan Sardo's "The Mother Load" by John Lovick. 16 page manuscript copyright 1999.

He describes the routine as being "is being as close to the Cups and Balls as you can get without using cups or balls."

Three phases and a climax: 1) one in hand two in pocket, 2) Vanish of single coin and appearance under coin purse, 3) coin vanishes and appears under and on top of card case, 4) three coins appear under clear glass and finally three jumbo coins under the coin purse, card box, and glass.

I have seen John perform this and it is a killer.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
I have "Now You See It, Now You Don't" by Bill Tarr. Is the book good enough for me to learn some basics?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I use a great set of Cups and Coins that includes two wonderful swap-outs of stack of three coin cups and a solid cup.

Have you seen this set that comes with some good routines?
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL