The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pressure Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ZeeK
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
13 Posts

Profile of ZeeK
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Pressure Fan. Can you give me some tips pointers or something. Thanks in advanced
Anthony
View Profile
New user
NYC
56 Posts

Profile of Anthony
What in particular are you having trouble with? For me, using a worn deck of cards helps; it is easier to spring the cards with an older deck. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask me Smile
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-- Albert Einstein
ZeeK
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
13 Posts

Profile of ZeeK
I do the bend thing in the deck then try to fan it or whatever on the hands and i just can't do it. Jeff McBride explains it bad on his videos.
freaksrock62
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of freaksrock62
I agree...Jeff McBride does not explain it well on his video...along with some other things. I am still having trouble accomplishing a nice pressure fan. Any good, descriptive advice would be appreciated.
La dee frickin' da!
I live in a van down by the river!
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
hi Zeek!
first of all: the newer the cards, the lower the pressure.
If you have a more worn deck the pressure should be higher.
Take the cards in your "strong" (eg right) hand and hold the between thumb (lower edge)and index-middle and ring finger (upper) and bend the cards relativ strong (try to "cascade" the cards with picture side down into your left hand - works automatic due the bending pressure).
If you can control the pressure you bend the cards to the point before! they "jump" into your left hand palm - instead of cascading you press them against your left index and middle finger (which are straighten) and you pull the cards with your right index finger clockwise to the right to spread the cards to a fan (loose the pressure the more cards are fanned)...
hope this help a bit ... it´s hard to describe
ah before I forget: buy enough cards - you will use some packs before the "knack" occurs
and use a thumb fan with pretty new cards til it doesnt work .. then pressure fan them

Martin
life is real magic
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Thats a nice description martin. It also does help to give the cards a good bevel to the right this almost puts you half way there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pressure Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL