The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Magic Download Web Site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
If it is wrong to post this here, please let me know.

New web site finally up after 2 years in the re-building http://www.magicianslair.com
I am currently running 15% off ALL downloads until November 3, 2013

Th web site is devoted to all magic downloads. When completed The Magicians Lair will have over 1000+ items for download.
I am adding items daily! So check back often.

If there is a download you would like and it does not show up in my search let me know and I will add it ASAP so you can save some money right away and downloads that you want Smile

I have E-Book, full length DVD, sleights, tricks. There is also a section for 'hard copy" items which I will have to mail to you. Books, new & used DVD's, tricks, speciality decks. (still much more to be added)

Thanks for looking
Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Eddy took good care of me with the order I placed with him. Good service and communication. Recommended!
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Still not sure why sites are selling digital downloads at the same price as a physical DVD. It's meant to be cheaper without physical media isn't it?
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
MickNZ..

Def a good question. The thing is to add on to that.. IS the fact that we make even LESS profit by not stocking the item(s). I make more profit by selling the physical, actual product than I do a digital download. The price we pay for not having to stock items?

Also, price. Why not less? I can only guess is that it is due to that fact(s): (and guessing here)
1. The customer is still getting the full product
2. Still has to do with pricing that the distributor gets. They do not get a discount. Price is usually set by the creator. Some items/prices have become industry standard though.
3. The amount and storage space they must pay to keep such files "in the clouds"
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.magicianslair.com
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
But ...!! Let us do keep in mind. I am still offering a 15% discount on ALL digital downloads until October 3rd
Use coupon code: welcome

And I was popping in here just to say that I did add hard copy (physical items) yesterday to the site..
And I am adding something new every single day ! If you don't see what you want. send me a message I will get it up there if it is available to me.

Eddy
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Can get most of the products cheaper elsewhere.

Greig
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Glad to hear that Greig.. Glad I wasted my time and $$ on a web site that is useless to all. Please do post as to where people can get the items cheaper so insure they do not go to my web site. I am F***kING sick and !@#$%^& tired of defending myself in this Café....PLEASE go elsewhere and buy anything that I can sell cheaper....

So everyone.. please contact Greig..in here or Café' or by direct PM and he can give you a web site where you may purcashe anything that I may have cheaper.. PLease ignore the discount that I am giving on all products.. This is the last I will post in here about this. really don't need this !@#$%^&* !!!!

Really at this point we can only hope and pray to God that I will soon go out of business, after the 20+ years I haave put into this and I will just fade away to the much better compaines who offer what I have at much better prices. And certainly much better customer service than I could possibly give... Good-bye magic world... I leave you in the hands on the posters here in the Café' who can point you to much better directions, with better deals and better discounts and better customer service..

I am done F***KING defending myself... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. go buy cheaper.. even buy knocks off... don't forget they will save you even more money.. It would be stupid to buy from someone like me who is selling all authorized items. So do ask Greig.. if he happends to know any of these places as well. And remember Café users... cheaper is always better!!!
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
As a customer I'm well within my rights to shop about to get the best deals, and tell others about a good deal and such. That's all. Top of the page it says Magicians helping Magicians,that's all I'm doing.

Didn't come on here to argue. If anyone wants to PM me for bargin websites/shops I welcome it,but I'm sure everyone knows what sites to go to for a good deal. WMS,Vanishing Inc,Magic Box,Alakazam to just name a few.

Take care
Greig
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
KoolMagic114 I'm sorry if I offend you.

Greig
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 04:09, greig ewen wrote:

Didn't come on here to argue. If anyone wants to PM me for bargin websites/shops I welcome it,but I'm sure everyone knows what sites to go to for a good deal. WMS,Vanishing Inc,Magic Box,Alakazam to just name a few.

I'm not sure but believe all the sites mentioned have their own brand of DVD's so are not the same ones available through Magician's Lair/ Murphy's Magic for the most part. But the ones that are available (that are sold to Murphy's & then sold) would be the same price.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I for one do not work on the principle, "cheaper is better", if it comes to quality. For instance, the difference between a cheap coin [ and a bespoke set.

If the product, a download in this case, is identical, then cheaper is most definitely better. Some shops I buy from can't match prices on certain items, but are competitive on others. If they are efficient and seem nice, then I'll deal with them for the items that are priced competitively.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-09-15 09:47, greig ewen wrote:
Can get most of the products cheaper elsewhere.

Greig

I'm curious as to the reason for this post. Not a good way to make friends, Greig! Smile I'd have worded that differently. No need to .piss off people in the Café! I like the Lair. If there are less expensive places, great! Myself, I'd have started a new thread...

Doug
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Dougini-I thought directing magi's to cheaper deals would of been a positive thing and good for magicians. Silly me. However I have been getting a few positive messages/inquiries for good magic shops.

I've got no vested interest,not here to hawk a product or promote anything just looking out for magicians and if there a special deal/promotion on ill say.
As mentioned before don't want to spend time arguing on here,my initial post was not meant to offend just highlighting that there are cheaper shops out there so shop about. I apologise for inserting common sense into the thread. If you look back at my other posts on different threads I'm not trolling and my posts are positive. Agreed,reflecting on this I maybe could of put my post else where.

Greig
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-09-22 05:03, greig ewen wrote:
Dougini-I thought directing magi's to cheaper deals would of been a positive thing and good for magicians. Silly me...

Don't take it like that. Your intent was good. I understand. Smile

Quote:
...my initial post was not meant to offend just highlighting that there are cheaper shops out there so shop about. I apologise for inserting common sense into the thread. Agreed, reflecting on this, I maybe could of put my post elsewhere.

I guess, I should point out his response to you. He WAS offended. Greatly! Your intent was good. Timing and placement of the post? Not so much. Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Magic Download Web Site (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL