The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » 2 and 1/2 hours of magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I have a carnival coming up this Saturday at the VA. The Patriot Riders are putting it on in the dining area of the building I do walk around in. Of course, I was invited by the great guy who heads up patient activities- they will have tables with games for the vets, etc. They've offered to set me up with an adjustable height table if I need one and my contact tells me I can take any necessary breaks and maybe do sets of 3-5 tricks for groups that gather around me.

Never done magic for such an extended period of time, but I'm all in as it's for our vets!

Any prayers and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Theodore-
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Emanuel Chester
View Profile
New user
Howell, NJ, USA
30 Posts

Profile of Emanuel Chester
I wish you all the fun and joy a person can have at such large events!

Common sense preparations:
- Eat and drink well before your performance. Have a glass of water nearby and agree with your contact that that glass stays full, free of charge.
- Heed the weather: is it going to be cold and you will be standing still? Dress warmly. Is it going to be hot and you will be quite active? Dress lightly.
- Bring only those effects you know best. 2 Sets of 5 tricks should be enough to keep anyone entertained beyond the amount of time they feel like spending at your stand, since they aren't there for you, specifically. Unless they're magicians, too...
- Think about sound and amplification: will you be performing outside or inside? How elegant is the venue? How many people will be there? Will people will be whispering / talking / shouting / singing? Do you need to be louder than them, or can you play along?

I'm sure others can contribute suggestions!

Cheers,
Emanuel
Renaissance Man ~ I am interested in a lot, I can do a lot, I have done a lot. Not all equally well, and there's still a lot more for me to explore.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » 2 and 1/2 hours of magic! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL