The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey fat kids! No candy for you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Kevin Bacon. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Mmmmm Bacon.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Oh dear. This actually sounded like realistic behavior in this day and age, but...

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-tot......=fanpage
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2013-11-03 22:54, ed rhodes wrote:
If she was truly concerned about juvenile obesity, then she should have handed out no candy at all, raisins or non-edible treats for all.
That she specifically picked on overweight children and then chose to give them notes as opposed to the above mentioned alternates speaks to me that she was picking on children and not really showing concern.

I agree. Foir years it was okay to give fruit, homemade cookies or whatever, and such. Now the practice is to use wrapped candy because anything else would be considered unsafe. The candy companies are making a mint out of it.

But there's nothing to stop anyone from giving away other types of wrapped snacks, or even crayons and such. I think this woman put the cart before the horse and totally missed the point.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2013-11-10 18:42, ed rhodes wrote:
Oh dear. This actually sounded like realistic behavior in this day and age, but...

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-tot......=fanpage

Good to know.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
True? You decide for yourself.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9963260&p=1004&n= Go to minute 26 to hear a short interview with the Women in question. Maybe this is not the Woman but she has been on CNN as well as KIRO radio.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey fat kids! No candy for you! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL