The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Outs for classic force (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Lybrary.com has many of Steven Youell's ebooks available for download including The Classic Force. I also recommend Chicago Surprise by Whit Haydn.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2013-11-03 03:22, Torquay22 wrote:
I want to start practising the classic force but I would like to know some good outs the more the merrier so I have a couple of chances per performance to people.
The ones I could think of where ambitious card, invisible deck and sandwich routines. Could we make a list of as many as we can
Thanks

What exactly do you mean by an "out," and what do you need it for? It sounds like you are after a list of routines, not "outs."
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I belive he meant when he failed the force, he proceed to Ambitious Card with the selected card, reveal the selected card with ID or proceed to do sandwich trick with the selected card.

BTW, there are so many tricks to do with freely selected cards. So you have hundreds of solutions.

Hideo Kato
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Hi Hideo,

If that is the case, there is no problem. As in ANY good card change, or ANY good card switch. Of course, with the CF (that somehow misses) you automatically have a key card, so there is no shortage on ways to go.
Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
Randywakeman you are correct in saying I am looking for routines for when the classic force fails
Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
http://www.lybrary.com/steven-youell-tea......-70.html
does this contain the same information as the pdf vlad
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 11:26, Torquay22 wrote:
Randywakeman you are correct in saying I am looking for routines for when the classic force fails

The classic force need not ever "fail." Really! There are all kinds of reasons why this is. However, you are having a card physically selected, right? Your options include continuing seamlessly, smoothly, without hesitation into any number of the countless thousands of routines where a card is selected: virtually, all of them.
Pierce
View Profile
New user
Birmingham
2 Posts

Profile of Pierce
If a classic force fails I always go into a standard Ambitious card or transportation routine.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
There's no need to perform another trick as an out (and I find this akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut). There are many outs that will allow you to force the card you meant to.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 13:12, Claudio wrote:
There's no need to perform another trick as an out (and I find this akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut). There are many outs that will allow you to force the card you meant to.

Great point Claudio and one that Paul Green and Steven Youell stress.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 11:26, Torquay22 wrote:
I am looking for routines for when the classic force fails

Attitude is everything when performing and using any sleight or subtlety. If you allow yourself to consider that you will fail, then the chance of that happening increase. Be prepared, but as you practice the CF, the more "Hits" you get will boost your confidence level.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Torquay,

Get Paul Green's DVD and Steven Youell's manuscript. I am not sure if the links you provided were to Steven's manuscripts since I bought mine directly from him. When I write reviews, I prefer to review things I've bought, not sent to review for the most part - although I will review things if a magician asks. (Not so much this year because I am buried in schoolwork). Anyhow, I had given you a link to Paul Green's DVD on the CF in a previous post. This DVD is a sixty minute in depth, close study of the CF. It's more than worth the price of admission.

Steven and Paul teach the CF with different approaches but each are equally good. But both do stress that attitude is so very important.

I had also recommended that for now, if your CF "fails", there are things you CAN do such that it "doesn't " fail.

Here is a tip: when you are having a card selected, even if it is a free choice, actually perform the CF. You will get your timing down. The CF, unlike virtually every other sleight is not one you can practice on your own like a pass or whatever. You CAN practice the timing and attitude but to see that in action requires working for real people.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/929 Here again is the Penguin link to Paul's DVD. Other dealers sell it but Penguin's shipping is fast - even internationally.

And just to add what Randy Wakeman and others have stated, you don't need routines for when your CF fails, virtually every card effect as Randy stated is a candidate.

Paul has already offered sage advice in the post above: "Attitude is everything when performing and using any sleight or subtlety. If you allow yourself to consider that you will fail, then the chance of that happening increase. Be prepared, but as you practice the CF, the more "Hits" you get will boost your confidence level."

Best,
Vlad
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Classic force: there's nothing arcane about it. The technique itself is easy, the timing and attitude are the real issues and can only be obtained by practising the CF whenever possible. If you have a basic card magic such as Royal Road to Card Magic, you'll have an excellent description of the method. From there, force until your drop Smile.

My own experience is that, unless you use the CF daily - or nearly, you will not get a near 100% accuracy.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
If you miss the classic force then simply have the selected card replaced under the force card. You now have a key card locater. Problem solved. If you REALLY cannot afford to miss the force, say with such tricks as the Insurance Policy for example, I heartily recommend Dai Vernon's fan force described on page 73 of More Inner Secrets of Card Magic by Lewis Ganson.

While on the subject of the classic force try this. Get a duplicate king and stick some cotton wool where the beard is in the picture. Place this in your pocket before the trick starts. Force the regular king from the deck and then have the spectator shuffle the deck. Place the pack in your pocket. Reach in and pull out any card at random and ask if this is the selected one. The answer will be no. Do this again a couple of times. Finally in frustation you say, "By the time I find your card it will have whiskers on it" Ask for the card to be named then pull out the one with the cotton wool beard. Say, "I told you it would have whiskers on it!"

Nobody knows about this trick until now. Now you do. Don't say I never give you anything.

Finally, I don't know if links to other forums are allowed here but if so the moderators can always delete it and I will not be offended. Here is a link to a very detailed discussion on the Classic Force and Paul Green himself takes an active part in it. Wonderful advice to be had.
http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic11864.php
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
In my book and DVD, "Magic Behind Bars" there is one of my favorite out routines. It is called "My Favorite Card". Plus, it is strong enough to use as a feature routine.
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2013, Harry Lorayne wrote:
You might want to check out my The Lorayne Force. HL.

I rate your work highly MR, but why is every reply you make about praising your own product or method?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
<shameless plug>

I recently put out a video on how to recover from a failed CF, and it's aptly called "The Three Pillars of Classic Force Recovery". Each pillar deals with different ways of handling a miss. The pillars are: technical outs, psychological outs and physical outs. These pillars will allow you to use the classic force without having to switch effects midstream. This was particularly valuable to me since the CF is the last thing that happens in a couple of tricks that I do. At that point, switching tricks isn't an option.

If interested, you can find out more here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6781

</shameless plug>
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
There is a thread on the Steven Keyl download under 'Ebooks, PDFs and downloads' further down in the Café.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Vernon's "Tilt" has many applications as far as "Outs" go. Plus learn a good "Top Change" because, with a good "Top Change", additional outs are negated.

A "Second Deal" is another great slight to learn in the event that you do not hit the Classic.

I always have three feature effects that I can go into in the event of a miss. However, if you practice the Classic, it can be turned into a sure fire technique. My suggestion is, even if the Force is not needed, try to Force a card, even if you do not know what card you are Forcing. Every time that a card is selected!

A few additional card effects to look into, in the event of a miss are; Card to pocket, Three card Monte (using the miss card as the money card), Brainwave deck, Card Warp, Folded card to mouth, Torn and restored card, and these are just a few that came to mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Outs for classic force (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL