The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A word on passive misdirection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhiskeyPriest
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of WhiskeyPriest
I'm using the phrase "passive misdirection" because it made sense to me without putting much thought into it. If it refers to something else feel free to correct me. Anyways I was thinking of how easy it is for us to tell if a deal isn't on the up and up, and a lot of it has to do with the repetition of seeing it done the right way a million times and also seeing it done the wrong way just as many. I'm right handed but deal my best left handed. One of my friends was trying to figure out a move I was doing and was having trouble because he had to keep switching the hand movement to fit his right handed dealing. Also he commented that he often got distracted by all the jewelry I wear around my hands. (Think of the old greek guys around a barbut game, kinda my jewelry style) Maybe a few extra rings and a bracelet could save some heat when doing "The Real Work" Smile So there are two examples right there, anyone else have any examples? Comments?

If nothing else, perhaps this will give some encouragement to those few who put in the extra time to learn left and right handed dealing Smile

~Whiskey
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. Smile I don't think that sort of thing will help much really but still I think it is an interest thought.

Maybe if you wore a cross they would think that thou would not stael. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Arnold wears a lot of rings. I just thought that it was because he's gay. Now I know that he's just passively misdirecting us gay folk.

I suspect Arnold is a nice-looking man. He has nice hands.
magicbart
View Profile
New user
Chambly, Québec, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of magicbart
It's funny I believe that I need to keep my hands away of there eyes. Because if there looking at your rings, there looking at yours hands.

Usually, I will say something funny, joke on somebody or something, say something that I know will get a reaction. This is when the dirty work is done.

BTW
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 23:47, tommy wrote:
Maybe if you wore a cross they would think that thou would not stael. Smile

LOL LOL
What your brain can imagine, you can create it. Dont wait, just do it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A word on passive misdirection (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL