The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Anton Corradin's Lounge Suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Has anybody here had any experience with this device? I am not able to view the player on his website, but the pictures and the explanations look real good and practical for the working performer.
It also isn't 100% specific if you are able to use random people from the audience for this illusion. Is it assitants only? Is this something that would be practical for working smaller stage venues?
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Brian,

It looks SUPERB!

Check out the video on the Hocus Pocus site ( http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop - search for 'lounge')

On their site, Hocus Pocus say:

"the assistant (remember, this person is from the audience)"

and

"The entire illusion can be played out within a very few yards of distance from the public and without any complications whatsoever. No special scenery or lights are required! It can even be performed outdoors! No cables or electrical systems are used at all...can be transported in the trunk of your vehicle!"

Cool, huh?
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Yes James it does look superb, but I am very weary of a few complications. Now, watching the video, I am almost convinced that the "spectator from the audience" has to be stooged. If NOT, then I am VERY impressed. Regardless, I think it looks quite neat.
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
There was a review of this a while back. I think it was on this forum.
If I remember rightly it uses the methods of the super-X and sword suspension combined. So the spec must be stooged. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Still sounds good if you can use it.

Phil
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Don't see why it matters whether the spectator's a stooge or not, you could just as well openly use an assistant for this effect. The question is how well the gizmo operates & what the angle rstrictions are.
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Of course it matters whether the spectator is a stooge or not. I perform solo, without an assistant or people travelling to the show with me. So if it uses a stooge I clearly can't use this, if it uses anyone from the audience then I could. So from my point of view it makes all the difference in the world.
Tantrik
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Tantrik
Phil, why don't you email a company you're considering buying it from, tell them your situation, and ask if it requires a stooge? My guess is that you'll get a better answer than from people who don't have the effect.

Frankly, in looking at the vid, I'm inclined to think that a stooge is needed. But anyone selling it would know better.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Sorry, not understanding the thinking here, is there supposed to be a suspension somewhere where a spectator comes up from the audience, gets suspended, and THINKS IT'S BEING DONE BY MAGIC?

Or is "stooge" being used, incorrectly, to mean a person not above a particular weight and/or height?
Tantrik
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Tantrik
I think the idea of a non-stooge would be that a spectator could be suspended and NOT know how it was done. It doesn't matter if they think it's a trick or magic, they just wouldn't know the method. An example of this would be some versions of the chair suspension.

The reason some of us suspect a stooge is used is because it seems to many of us that the person being suspended needs to be actively "in" on the method and prepared beforehand.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Okay. But if I used this at all it would be with an assistant, so it's a tad frustrating that the only point being discussed here is whether a "stooge" is required...am I the only one who'd like to get some comments on the thing's portability, reliability, smoothness and ease of operation, set-up and angle requirements, stuff like that?
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
For those who would like to know all the details--actually more than you probably really want to know, go to [outdated link]. I'm impressed. I also see that on the MagicAuction.com, one of these is available for under $2000 asking bid.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
The one on Magic Auction is mine. It can not be done with just anyone from the audience, but of course you can make it appear that way. It is an easily portable illusion and is very good on angles, definitely much better than a standard Super-X. Set-up is very easy, very quick, especially if you keep the props stored in the storage crate that it comes with. As far as ease of operation, keep in mind that this is a stage illusion, so obviously you will have to invest a good deal of practice to make everything look smooth. But in the end you have a very unique illusion that will set you apart from the rest of the magicians on your block.

If anyone has any other questions about this feel free to ask away, of course without asking to reveal anything crucial.

-Corey
Corey King
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I didn't think much of this illusion until I saw the video. It lookes better than I thought. It looks like a "better mousetrap" version of the Super-X . . . much better.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Brian,
If you are looking for a levitation for smaller venues, go for the Gamolo levitation. I bought mine 4 years ago and it works fine till date. You may not be able to use a volunteer but with a trained assistant you can create miracles.
Further it is not just a suspension but an up and down levitation.
I don't remember the website but either other members or a google search will help.
cheers
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
Hey Corey K,
It seems that it was a nice illusion to work with and you seemd to enjoy it. But why exactly did you put it up for auction? I mean for such a good illusion why would you want to get rid of it?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
But surly, IF and that's IF the illusion seller is claiming that you can use a normal member of the audience and that, to anyone watching the video, is clearly NOT the case; then that is false advertising, is it not ?!?!

It is one thing to go on about the "Oh I don't care if everyone knows how my tricks are done, it's the effect that is important", but as has been posted above; if you are a magician on your own, you may well be taken in by such claims.
...and after spending your hard earned money, you are left with a illusion that is just useless to you.

IF and that's IF that is the case, then it should be reported to whatever advertising authority that it comes under.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Maybe an email to Anton will clear up the situation. Maybe there is a percentage of people out there in the world that are not native born english speakers and maybe the add text is sligthly mistaken? Give anton some credit he has brought us some pretty creative effects in the past. I don't think we need to cry "bloody murder" over every little detail.....
You are a magician and when you watch the video you know that there is a gimmik involved and that the so called volunteer from the audience (if you choose to perform the illusion this way) would have to be a plant.
I think that the video shown for the illusion looks pretty interesting as an effect and it would be your task (as a customer of the product) to tweak the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Anton Corradin's Lounge Suspension (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL