The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Printing copy backwards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello,
I am working on project and need to flip the writing (copy). My new printer (HP Photosmart 6520) does not mirror and I can’t find how to do this in Word.

I have everything else ready to print out on transfers but can’t flip the 7 small sentences that I need to flip backwards so that I can print them.

Any help would be cool!

If need be, I can send you the sentences so that you do the flipping and send them back to me.

Best
Ray
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If you have Photoshop or something similar, you can paste your text into an 8.5x11 page, then flip horizontally. Save as a .pdf, which you can either print directly or convert to a word document through Adobe Reader.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I do have photoshop but the copy comes out a little fuzzy.

BUT, I now have it!!!!

I am working on a WA cloth and it looks really GOOD!

Ray
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
How did you do it?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ray, glad you figured it out! I can do that with Printmaster.
Mister Mystery
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Photoshop will always make text "fuzzy" since it is a bitmapped photo editing program. Try a vector program like Adobe Illustrator. You can also do what you need to do since it is just text using most word processors. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to do it in Word.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Coreldraw may be your cheapest alternative. Especially since you ca inexpensively buy older versions that will do what you want. Check eBay for a used copy of version 13 or later. It will allow you to convert text to "artistic text", which is still vector art, meaning it prints without "fuzzy" edges just like standard text. Then you can mirror and otherwise edit it to your heart's content.

I know version 13 or later will work for you. Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORELDRAW-X3-FUL......cf1dc895 Make the seller a low-ball offer and see what happens.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Yes, Corel Draw would work as well.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
You can also set type in Photoshop. When printed (if your resolution is high - 300dpi recommended), the text should be nice and crisp.

Printing in reverse, in Word.
Word is not a layout or publishing program (in spite of how many corporations "get their secretary to make something up in Word"). It is intended to create documents for business situations. I got this from a Google search:
To flip it, do the following:
Right-click the text box and choose Format Shape.
Choose 3-D Rotation in the left pane.
Change the X setting to 180.
Click OK, and Word flips the text in the text box, producing a mirror image. You can create an upside-down mirror image by changing the Y setting to 180.

By going into print properties, you should also be able to find a setting for reverse printing, or making T-shirt transfers or stickers.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
In Microsoft Word....

1.. Right-click the text box and choose Format Shape.
2.. Choose 3-D Rotation in the left pane.
3.. Change the X setting to 180. Click OK.

Randi
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Another method in MS Word:

Select WORD ART

Type the text

Grab center end block to the left of the text block

Drag it to the right and it will reverse the text.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
Ray,

Sorry to be daft, but when you say "reversed", there are 3 ways this might mean, like each letter, the entire page's format, or even a mirror image (as in, readable via a mirror).

Which one is your objective?

thx!
Tap Roniart

# PM me your effects looking for a method!
# Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors-especially ideas that end up being awful-as I am on cell.
# Mods: I only break site rules that the "inner circle" themselves break.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Printing copy backwards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL