The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Costume Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Hey guys,
Strange question... I have a run of theater shows starting late next month. I am closing the show with a milk can escape. The whole show is sort of a Vaudeville tribute show with several older illusions updated. My wardrobe for the whole show is a tux with vest and puff tie. Anyway, in the past when I have done the milk can, I have worn sort of a surf shirt and black trunks. Pics here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......0&type=3

I am thinking about going old school and wearing a 1920's bathing suit like this one http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/002393.php

Too much? Thoughts?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Sounds great!, Install a pair of sox so you stand proud after the cold water.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Well, yeah! You have a theme, and you're making it fit together.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I once thought of that, but, my bathing suit has a big hole in the elbow!

BTW>>> "Doc" TARBELL was a nudist. He would 'tour' the nudist camps along the Indiana shore of Lake Michigan. Old timers at the Wizard's Club (Chicago) would ask him where he pinned his pull!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I see the old fashioned suits are available in red, blue or green. I'd suggest go in wearing blue and come out wearing red.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Too much? Not in my opinion?

I personally think that if your doing it as a "tribute" to the era a colour change / costume change would be too much. Also if your doing a behind the curtain milk can couldn't you just have changed once you got out? Just my thought.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Thanks guys, I am going for it!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Color change could work either way. On one hand, it could become a WTF moment. On the other, it could demean the stunt, and make it seem trickier.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Tricksier.

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
If there is a costume change, then you are posting in the wrong section.

This is for escapes and the milk can is a good one, don't demeen it with a magic trick. I don't think it would then be a tribute, more of an insult.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I never mentioned a costume change at all. I would not do that. I think it would be just weird and take away from the escape.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, I thought the comment "I am going for it" suggested that!
my mistake.

Good to think you also consider it weird.

Just imagine if DC vanished the Statue of Liberty and then came out dressed in high heels.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Sorry, my question was should I get the outfit for the escape. I was on the fence about that. I talked to several folks and posted here and everyone seems to think it is a good idea. The costume change was never something I would consider, it was just an off hand comment someone made and people ran with it. Plus, on top of it not going with the act, imagine trying to ditch a wet costume and putting on another. Just not an option for me. I want to keep it old school and close to historically accurate.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I thought you were wanting to keep it old school-traditional but was perplexed at you wanted/needed to ask the question in the first place.
Many threads here run off on a tangent when they should keep on track.

Thank goodness the question wasn't 'Should I wear a costume?", then I would have had to answer , "yes", "don't scare the kids"
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:

Just imagine if DC vanished the Statue of Liberty and then came out dressed in high heels.

I can C certain people doing that and thinking it's the poodle's privates!!!!

Look forward to seeing pictures!

Harley ...... I like the thinking about it being too Triskstery....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Costume Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL