The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ken Brooke's Oriental Bit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheFeds
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of TheFeds
I recently a bought a second hand copper silver brass gimmick and after a few months of trying to find more information about this particular set, I found an advertisement for Ken Brooke's Oriental Bit on the back cover of the May 1992 issue of Magic Magazine. Based on the photos, I believe this is the set I have. Now I'm trying to track down more information about this product and the routine by Ken Brooke and Roy Johnson. I'm hoping someone here on the Magic Café can help.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
No relation to 'Chinese Bit', by Joe Riding, marketed by Ken Brooke?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
No relation to 'Chinese Bit', by Joe Riding, marketed by Ken Brooke?

I hope not, the "bit" in that routine ... not exactly PC these days.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Ah, I won't ask you to expand on that, Jonathan. I'm not familiar with it, but can well imagine.

Tom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A guy in the RAF, a yank and a Chinese "bit of fun".

On the other hand you could use the gaff for the item in "art of closeup magic volume one" using the square of paper.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, TheFeds wrote:
I recently a bought a second hand copper silver brass gimmick and after a few months of trying to find more information about this particular set, I found an advertisement for Ken Brooke's Oriental Bit on the back cover of the May 1992 issue of Magic Magazine. Based on the photos, I believe this is the set I have. Now I'm trying to track down more information about this product and the routine by Ken Brooke and Roy Johnson. I'm hoping someone here on the Magic Café can help.

I think what you are looking for is in the book: Ken Brooke's Magic Place (p.52), but it is referred to there as the "Chinese Bit" not the Oriental Bit and is based on Connie Haden's "Duo-Change" from Bobo.

It's quite a few pages (and not just Joe Riding's routine BTW, but also Johnson and Brooke's handling advice as well). If you PM me your email address, I could shoot you a copy.
TheFeds
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of TheFeds
BanzaiMagic, I sent you a PM.

Thanks to everyone who commented.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ken Brooke's Oriental Bit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL