The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Skinner Monte - two versions of instructions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Hi all,

The Skinner Monte was one of the first packet tricks I bought, and the only one I liked =) That was 12 years ago.

I long lost the instructions and the cards, so I bought it again - this time it looked a little different - Ultimate 3 Card Monte? And the instructions were different. I like some of the subtleties of this one, but I also liked parts of the old one.

Does anyone know if the presentation changed between printings?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Was Skinner's name still attached to the new version you bought? Various people have put out routines with the same set of cards which certainly pre-date Skinner.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
If you want to see how Michael actually performed the routine, watch him do it on DVD 2 in the 13-disc set "The Skinner Tapes." It looks unbelievable. The instructions were dumbed down so it could be sold to laymen.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I believe L&L Publishing puts it out.
SHAZAM!
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I just recently purchased Ultimate Monte for the first time. The title is Michael Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte and his picture is right on the cover. If you search by the title on YouTube, you'll see lots of performances and tutorials. You can compare and see if any match your memory. Here is Bill Malone doing the handling almost exactly as it's published in my set. The only difference is that he adds some extra shuffles (but always an odd number, so he comes out OK each time).
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I DO like Bill Malone's version (On the Loose); and his patter is priceless. Lynn
Boston Bob
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Boston Bob
I may still have my original instructions around if you need them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Skinner Monte - two versions of instructions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL