The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changing the moment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emptyroom
View Profile
New user
London, ON
76 Posts

Profile of emptyroom
I've been brainstorming ideas for changing the moment of the switch in a bill switch. If anyone has seen an idea similar to what follows, please let me know. I know there are many bill switches using origami, but I haven't seen this. The bill is legitimately folded into the figure, rather than folded into 16ths and than magically transforming into something else completely. Also, I'm using the Hugard top palm to switch the bills before the spectator suspects a switch will be needed.

Choose any origami figure and fold the bill to be switched in until it's partially done. I use a $10 for presentation reasons. I make an origami frog because it is possible to fold such that the numbers and presidential face are hidden. This is important for the method. It should be easy to finger palm or even classic palm at this point. I place it in my left pocket. A sharpie goes in the right.

"Hey, if you let me borrow a dollar, I'll do something awesome, and then you can buy me beer. How does that sound?"
Fold the borrowed $1 until it's at the same point as the other bill. Toss it on the table and reach into both pockets, palming the other bill and bringing out the sharpie. Secretly place the bill on top of the tabled bill and pick up both as one. Toss the sharpie on the table and transfer the aligned bills to you right hand. The sharpie misdirects in case you need a tiny amount of time to align bills. The alignment and multiple folded edges allows for a nice open display.

"It's a frog! What do you mean you don't see it? Here's the head, draw a little face on it."
Palm away the $1 as you place the $10 on the table to be marked. Take the sharpie back and pocket it with the $1. Finish folding the bill. This adds time misdirection.

"Tada! Now buy me a beer! I'm just kidding buddy."
Unfold the bill and have them use the $10 to buy you alcohol.

If you're familiar with them, I've been inspired by psychology I've learned from Al Schneider and Dani DaOrtiz, attempting to prevent people from recording the moment of the switch.

Thanks for reading,
Andrew
- Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changing the moment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL