The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Big Bang! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Hi Ya,ll, I need something small to make a big bang sound. Currently I am using a toy cap gun cut down to just the handle and trigger, and painted flat black. Works, but I would like something louder. Any thoughts?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There are "Bang Wands" that have the appearance of a standard magician's wand, but fire 22 caliber blanks.

I don't know if these are still being manufactured, but I do see examples pop-up in various used lists from time to time.

Julie
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Thanks Julie, But, in this routine I am already holdiing "something" in my right hand, need to make a loud bang, with my left. Smile
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Step on a balloon! Smile

But on a serious note, you could use something bigger if it was operated by your foot, or perhaps by a string on your hand leading to another part of your body.

Just food for thought...
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, David Fillary wrote:
Step on a balloon! Smile

But on a serious note, you could use something bigger if it was operated by your foot, or perhaps by a string on your hand leading to another part of your body.

Just food for thought...

You know, this balloon thingy actually isn't a bad idea. I remember many moons ago Smile Ken Allen's MOON HUNT trick for kids--a heavy cardboard cut-out of a rocket ship folder that held a cardboard spaceman plus a separate big yellow moon--included a pin that you were instructed to use to break a balloon concealed behind your table when the kids counted down from 10 to 0 to simulate the rocket blasting off...

Instead of trying to hide the balloon, we held it up behind the kid who was assisting, but very visible to the rest of the audience. When the count hit zero the balloon was burst and the kids in the audience got a big laugh.

Depending upon your routine, perhaps you can adopt this concept and play it for comedy...

Julie
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What about Sounds Amazing by Shahid Malik, you can record any sound you like and trigger it using a t** s****h. That thing is very loud.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Egad! Julie! Are you old enough to remember my friend,the late Ken Allen??? I think someone is still making his Monkey Bar.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Yep, Dick, don't let this pretty face fool you!

I also remember seeing you perform in the Chicago area with your goofy smile and super enthusiasm on more than one occasion. If anyone on the Café should have any doubts, I can attest that you are a fine entertainer and all this stuff you've been sharing with us since you've discovered this wonderful forum is 99.99% on the mark.

(I'll PM with the mailing address for the check Smile)

Julie

P.S.
We still have an original Ken Allen Monkey Bar with a monkey attached ala Don Alan.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
In '77 when I was producing clown (classy title)on Wayne Franzen's circus, we used the monkey bar in the ring. We just 'dunked" it into a big brown grocery bag, and did the work. We had a monkey on it, too. It was a subtle (read: sneaky!) "commercial" for the "garbage joint".

All my checks now have imprinted: CASH BEFORE NOON!

The goofy smile is still "on", and, so far, the enthusiasm remains.

Thanks for your very kind comments. After a couple of 'slams" on the 'boxes, tubes, and bags forum this past week, I needed that!!!

Dick
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Update: got a finger tip flashpot, just use the cap. works fine! Smile
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
You could go back to the Vaudeville age and make a slap stick. Easy to make and very loud.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Big Bang! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL