The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » LF: Large stage timer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Looking for a source for a large stage timer for a straight jacket escape. PM me.
Thanks,
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Cannons ... oh no wait they have gone......

I would suggest a clock maker - but you may have to battle with high prices?

How big is the stage or rather the venues your in?

Also what sort of timer are you after? do you want an analogue to count down, or a digital count down (bomb type display?).

If you have AV capability then why not a projected one? Of course there could be many reasons why not but you just asked for a stage timer.

Or how about the "audience member clock" where they give you a count every 10 seconds? It all depends on what you are after. Also you don't say where you are or where you need it......all things that may allow someone to help you.

Hope you can get it sorted!
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Daves on the right way of thinking here. "audience member clock"
In my view the best way is the audience member, preferably near a mic so every one can here them as they give time indications.
that way you also get to hear what stage you are at the escape, but every time for me they will normaly join in at the last 10 seconds which by that point its showtime Smile
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
Paul_Rheaume
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Paul_Rheaume
I use a timer that was used for darkrooms. blk box about 12" square. has a buzzes and is loud. also can turn on a electric outlet on the side.

found on EBAY
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
I like Dave's projection idea. There is a built in countdown timer on the iPad. You can get an AV connecting lead from the iPad to a projector. Job done! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » LF: Large stage timer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL