The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello 3 PDFS (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
All the new PDF's are now available on penguin!

Cards and Numbers - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4539
Timekeeper - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4540
Match Heads - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4541

And although some may be unhappy with my choice, I've decided to discontinue some of my older PDF's. The only ones that will still remain for sale are 'Pulse Rate', 'The Zombie and the Joker', and 'The Envelope Game'. I've also lowered their prices to only $5 each!

Matt
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I now have Matt's Cards & Numbers, Imaginary Ball and Timekeeper. All of them have great presentations and very unique methods. All of them are a bargain at $5. I've bought things that have cost much more yet were not even half as unique or interesting as Matt's stuff.

Very cool thinking on his part. Congratulations!!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thank you very much, Greg! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the thinking behind them!

Matt
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Got this quote in for Cards and Numbers...

"That's wonderful! That's really really wonderful. Great thinking, bold, simple, and one of the most direct lines of thinking I've seen." Patrick Redford, creator of Hands Off ACAAN
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Agreed! Cards and Numbers is simply a gem of an idea. I can totally see myself performing this!

Once again Matt, my hat is off to you!

Best,

Ben
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Got all 3 today off penguin cards and numbers is a wonderful effect but my personal favorite is timekeeper just love the effect.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks, Ben. I can't tell you how many ACAAN effects are TRULY 'hands off' because they simply lay untouched in my magic drawer. I'm glad to hear Cards and Numbers is something you'll actually use!

And thanks, Galileo. Happy to see Timekeeper getting some love!

Matt
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Matts thinking on Timekeeper is genius.

Tried this out today and the two spectators looked at eachother in utter disbelief, must say was a brilliant moment. If you're on the fence about this don't be, this is only eight pages long, but boy does it pack a punch.

Very clever thinking, you won't be disappointed.
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
I got Cards And Numbers a couple of days ago and as I started reading it I just started giggling.
What a brilliantly simple idea and, now I've tried it on a fellow magician, what a remarkably strong effect. It blew him away and the bit I thought he'd catch on to flew right by him.
As a couple of people have said before, throw in a false shuffle and this is incredibly baffling.

I have a few of Matts effects, as well as his book 'It's all in your head' and they are all great ideas and very workable, and for the prices you just can't go wrong.

Keep up the good work Matt,

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I had to study "cards and numbers" as I like to study approaches for the ACAAN plot. On my first read I had to laugh about the method, so bold. Matt offers you a couple of alternative handlings, using me...zed, stacked, not me..zed, brand new or borrowed decks. Quite complete, so you would be prepared for almost every situation.

I clearly would prefer his method using a me...zed deck, which can be shuffled by you and cut several times by the spectator. After that you will not touch the deck again, which is a strong point. The procedure of "selecting" card and number is quite unique in the sense that it offers nice possibilities for play, interaction and presentation.

But to be honest I am not sure if it gives too much away of the modus operandi. I couldn't fool my wife or kids - but they know what I do, e. g. me...zing cards... So I guess it would work well for laymen. And that is what counts. If you plan to use it at your next magi meeting in order to fool your colleagues you should use another method.

But if you perform it for your “normal” audience it will fool them; and at the same time you can offer a novel presentation for an old plot. So although it would not be my first choice (o. k. I got my own solutions and babies) I really like it. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
trickdoctor
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
7 Posts

Profile of trickdoctor
Very happy with the material!
Dr. J. Kaplan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello 3 PDFS (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL