The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Mattioli's This is HEAVY (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
The deal breaker for me is the weight limit. Can an adult put just one foot on the stool or does s/he have to stand on it?

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
A friend of mine has one and says that if you use an adult to do it, you can just have them put one foot on one of the steps.
That works fine.

It is a great illusion and the ladder step is used through out his entire act for other effects. He uses it as a table.
He tells me that it adds to the beauty of the illusion. If you use the ladder through out your other stuff, then when you bring on a cardboard box.

IT seems like real magic that has no connection.

Keep up the Great work to Jay.
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Perfect, that is what I was hoping to hear. It keeps it organic throughout the act too.

Thanks!
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This close to pulling the trigger. Now its time to justly it to the wife. Smile
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
I received HEAVY today! I am most impressed! This is very cool! Very well thought out...and an improvement over other models. The props are very well made...and the gimmick is exceptional. The instructional DVD is very professional and thorough. Comes complete with lots of extras. This will make a nice addition to my show. Very happy with this purchase! Thanks, Jay!
Doug
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Thank you for the great review Doug. Others have been receiving this and calling in with high praise. Please let me know if any of you have further questions.

Cole
800-407-4040 or PM me on the Café
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
trickrick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of trickrick
Anyone know what type of wood this is? IS this better wood than a traditional step latter? Does it come with a case of any kind? And as the box gets wear and tear, can you re-cover yourself or do you need to buy a new one?
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Hello Trickrick,

It is a standard wood step ladder, nothing suspicious about the look of it. It does not come with a case. You can recover the box or you can easily replace the box with any other box you want.

If you have any other questions or need more in depth information please give me a call at 800-407-4040

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, Cole Gross wrote:

You can recover the box or you can easily replace the box with any other box you want.

Cole

You can definitely recover the box for wear and tear, as the video teaches you must do this to the bottom of the box as it gets warn from being picked up/down, sliding, etc. but it's unfair to say you can easily replace the box with another box. I'm not sure however about the wrapping paper for a holiday gift as it may be too thick in addition.

You CANNOT simply use another box, You can't (or shouldn't) take the mounted and in placed 'workings' from the special, heavy duty, reinforced box you receive, putting it into something else less sturdy, and not designed for this use.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
We are looking at something that requires electricity of some kind. What are the replacement costs for the necessary power?
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Robfind I will PM you
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
OK Cole, Or I can call tomorrow? You're choice. It's a big layout for something that may rely on a switch, you know what I mean??
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
I completely understand. I will be in the office from 7am-3pm post tomorrow. Have a happy Thanksgiving and I will talk to you soon.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So am I to understand that I cannot separately wrap the box and lid in gift wrap for a birthday context?
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
You certainly can wrap the box to make it look like a Christmas or Birthday present.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
jkwebber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jkwebber
I showed my wife the video of this trick and she thought it would be a fun trick for a family audience. I went out on a limb and purchased "This is Heavy". It arrived quickly (only 3 days). The props and DVD are well made. I am looking forward to using this trick frequently. Easy to use and to operate. It is kind of expensive, but I think it is worth it. Jay Mattoli has a winner here.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Ordered this from Jay last week. He had to make me one and ship to me in time for my six shows yesterday and today. What a great product. Has to be the best of its kind on the market. Everything is built like a tank and works effortlessly and flawlessly! Maybe Jay's best item to date. Got great reactions and was super easy and fun to perform. You literally never have to touch the ladder or box and don't even have to be near either. I thought you would need to plug this in but thankfully I was wrong. You literally can perform this anywhere. Not only is the box impossible to lift, it won't even slide. The only potential issue is that the box isn't as light as a normal empty box should be. So a tiny kid will have a minor issue lifting it. So you need more of a medium kid. That said, well done Jay. Well worth the money.
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
I really like the looks of this. My only concern is, aren't there times when the volunteer will try to lift it without stepping up on the ladder? Except for really small kids, it seems like they would try to do this a lot. And it seems like telling them that they must stand on the step ladder might be suspicious.
Marlinj
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Marlinj
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2014, David Klass wrote:
Just to be clear, the box can't be placed on the carpeted floor.
Saying it can be performed on any floor surface could be misinterpreted.

The stool can be placed on the carpet and the box gets placed on the stool as in the video.

He never said "it can be performed on any floor surface...", his exact quote was "Just be sure the stool is stable on the carpet so the child is secure when they stand on it. But yes, it can be done on floor, carpet, outdoors, etc.".
So, he made it clear he was referring to STANDING ON THE STOOL, so obviously the box wouldn't be on the floor if the volunteer was standing on the stool to lift it up, LOL.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I use this in all my kids shows and it always gets a good response. I like a lot of Jay's stuff.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Mattioli's This is HEAVY (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL