The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pipe Dream Josh Maddocks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Spending a fortune at the moment, but like the look of this!!

"WHAT??! That's INSANE."
http://penguinmagic.com/p/4790

So, we got this incredible new trick last week.. and it's got a terrible name. It's called "Pipe Dream".. which is just dumb. It's the POLAR OPPOSITE of a pipe dream.. it's freaking amazing, and SUPER EASY to do. So bottom line.. Josh Maddocks is a bad trick namer (someone please tell him). I'm giving him a pass, since he happens to be a great magic creator Smile

Anyway, the trick itself is SO powerful, practical and EASY TO DO, that I think you'll agree, "Dream Come True" would have been a way better name.
http://penguinmagic.com/p/4790

Imagine causing a signed card to INSTANTLY appear INSIDE A PEN your spectator has been holding. Or inside a bottle clear across the room.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Got it, don't love it but have a feeling that when you perform it it's going to get better and better
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Can you be more specific, Sashac, without revealing too much? The ad clearly states that it's a move, so is it just a matter of not liking the move, or feeling it's too dodgy?
It's all in the reflexes.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
You tease Sashac, tell us more Smile
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
I'm friends with Josh and you can see a small cameo of me in the preview having a drink on another table. So full disclosure.

With that said. This is an amazing technique to get a signed rolled up card to impossible location.... and I mean ANYWHERE!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Humm...it's not a move to put something within something else, it's a move to make it appear as if that object was in there, even though they saw it in there. I really can't give too much away, it looks a little dodgy but should fly, it's just that it's done at a dodgy moment.. the effect in their mind is over but they will also be paying attention...this will take some serious understanding of WHEN to do a move.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Is the signed card signed with the same pen?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Anyone else bothered by all the edits?Just sayin... If it can be shown straight up... well....
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Well, upon viewing the ad, it was obvious that the card was being substituted after apparently appearing elsewhere, so my question is what separates this from doing a standard switch with the card? That is, do we have here a revolutionary new switch that strengthens the effect beyond what an existing switch would accomplish?
It's all in the reflexes.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2014, Doomo wrote:
Anyone else bothered by all the edits?Just sayin... If it can be shown straight up... well....

I think if you watch closely, you can see what is going on in this one at least. As opposed to some where they totally hide a lot of important steps.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I assume the magician has to take the object out by himself. Even though the spectator might hold a bottle on the other side of the room the magician must take the card out himself. If I'm wrong please correct me. Otherwise I think this should be clarified to fairly describe the effect.
mentalbill
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mentalbill
How are the angles? Can people stand or sit anywhere?
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
It's interesting how effects based off the same outcome seem to be released around the same time as each other.

There was that time about 2 years ago, where new TnR's were coming out what seemed almost monthly, then it was the big moving/changing ink phase for the 2013/2014 season, and now it seems to all be about switches for card to Impossible Location (made more apparent by the wrath of clear perspex boxes lately..).

I'll keep my eye on this, but ultimately, the way I buildup and present "Paperclipped", means I probably wont' take the plunge on this one.
Instagram.com/JamesDiamondMagic
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Can't we all do the exact same routine with a 1/4 folded and Paperclipped card instead of a rolled up card?
Edited: just read the post above...agreed.
mentalbill
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mentalbill
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2014, James Diamond wrote:
I'll keep my eye on this, but ultimately, the way I buildup and present "Paperclipped", means I probably wont' take the plunge on this one.

So this effect is similar or the same as Paperclipped?
How are the angles? Good?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's a great utility move, yeah you could go the paperclipped route, it's just another alternative, yet a worthwhile release. It's a rolly alternatives that can allow the card to appear in different places.
mentalbill
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mentalbill
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
It's a great utility move, yeah you could go the paperclipped route, it's just another alternative, yet a worthwhile release. It's a rolly alternatives that can allow the card to appear in different places.

Thanks for the reply.
peacegroovy
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of peacegroovy
This looks very interesting! How are the angles?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Easy to do & angles are great.

Lots of ways to go with this & a lot of choice & ideas on the download.

Tried this once yesterday at the gym & the signed card vanished from the deck & apeared rolled up sticking out of a weights machine.

Got an amazing reaction but haven't tried it professionally yet.

Recomended.

Mike Donoghue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pipe Dream Josh Maddocks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL