The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Amazing Johnathan (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Johnathan publicly revealed his condition back in March of this year. In late June he performed what he said would be his last shows at the Magic Castle.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That is very sad. I saw his show several times in Vegas... I laughed until it hurt! He brought much laughter to this world.... I cannot think of a better legacy.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Lots of people make the spelling mistake, including myself for many years. From an old Genii forum, (where Pete Biro corrected another mis-speller); John (as everyone called him) didn't want to be called "the Amazing John" and lengthened it for the stage. If there are other anecdotes or corrections, all should be welcome. Lynn
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Speaking of the Amazing Johnathan, as noted in a banner in the Café today, he's still got the magic mojo as 2018 closes. Lynn
Mindboggler
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Mindboggler
Did he ever perform at the magic castle?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2024, Mindboggler wrote:

Just say you didn't read the article linked in the first post....

ok. Let me ask the mighty oracle, Google. "Google, Did Amazing Jonathan ever perform at the magic castle?" aaannndd...
poof! Just Like Magic....
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2024, Mindboggler wrote:

He did and it was a great performance! Lots of fun to see him doing his thing in that venue, and unexpected considering we didn't know what his condition would be. I was pleasantly surprised when it was announced.

And I tend to ignore the idea that Google is the only way to get information - sometimes people want information and to have a discussion which is, you know, the entire purpose of this forum.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2024, Andrew Zuber wrote:

And I tend to ignore the idea that Google is the only way to get information - sometimes people want information and to have a discussion which is, you know, the entire purpose of this forum.

Maybe not the only, but certainly fast.

And sometimes they just want the answer to the question they asked.
People need to say what they want then.

"Did AJ ever perform at the Magic Castle?" = yes/no question does not prompt discussion
"I saw on Google AJ performed at the MC. Anyone get to see it? Did he do his usual edgy effects, or tone it down?" = discussion provoking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Amazing Johnathan (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL